Chapter 3: Lucky

Scarlett

Waking up, warm spreads through my body, and I sigh rubbing my eyes. Looking around through the bedroom, my eyes catch a mess of clothes sprawled on the floor.

I look at Mason sleeping face as his tattooed arms wrap around my waist, protectively and possessively.

I missed waking up like this.

It's crazy thinking that hours ago we were on the hall yelling at each other and ended up admitting our feelings to each other.

Shit! The grocerie bags!

Mason and I fell asleep, and I completely forgot to them.

Slowly leaving his grip, I pick up his t-shirt and put it on, going to grab the bags.

Thankfully, everything is in place. I hate shopping, so thank the gods no one decided to steal them.

Putting them above the gray and black island counter, I start to take everything out and organizing it on the black cupboards.

The first thing people see when they enter, it's a L black leather couch, with a black wooden table on the center and the TV in front, then behind the leaving room space,  the kitchen. On the side of the apartment there's a hall with the laundry and guest bedroom and the rail of stairs that lead to the upper floor, who has four bedrooms and a door that leads for the patio outside.

Going up, I enter my bedroom and pick some clothes. I need a shower, urgently.

The shower it's dark themed but simple, has a white sink with a mirror above, the toilet and then the shower cubicle. It's small but for one person it's perfect.

The closet is way too big just for me but it's decent as well. It's dark furniture and long. The full body mirror is on the door.

It's nothing special and out of the way, but I'm happy with it. Honestly, my favorite part of this house is the patio.

Rinsing the shampoo out of my brown hair, I wrap a white towel around me, and other around my hair. I dry myself, and grab the lotion spreading it through all my body.

Dressing my black undergarments, I dress bike shorts and a dark gray t-shirt above. I put my half humid hair in a ponytail, and take the clothes downstairs to the laundry.

There's no sign of Mason yet, so he's probably still sleeping. The dark bags under his eyes tell me that he hasn't rested in a while, so I'm glad he's sleeping still.

Putting the clothes on the washing machine, I hear noise coming from the guest room. Mason.

I peak my head inside to see if is everything ok, and see his figure laying on the bed, the phone against his ear. He winks at me and I smile, letting him be.

"One week." It's all I hear from his sleepy voice, before plopping down on my couch, and roamthrough the TV channels.

I'm hungry, but I'm lazy to go make food as well, so I'll just lay here and wait for food to appear out of nowhere.

Great plan, right?

Mason comes from the hall rubbing his messy hair. It's a  bit shorter, but it still looks hot as hell. He's only wearing his black jeans.

"Where's my t-shirt?" he asks, plopping down on the couch, putting my legs on his lap. "Laundry."

"How do you expect me to go outside without a t-shirt?"

"Don't go?" I grin sweetly, and he chuckles leaning down to peck my lips. "So it's ok if I stay here for a week?"

Was that what he was talking about on the phone?