Chapter 2: High

Scarlett

Slowly, I turn around.

Fuck, what now? I've been a pussy and couldn't even call him when I arrived.

Looking at the brown orbs that I've grown to love, I'm frozen. He's wearing the usual black attire, his eyes seem more empty, and his hair is a mess.

My eyes roam down his figure and it's there that I see a empty whiskey bottle on his left hand.

Great...

We stare at each other, our eyes locked. "Mason." I breathe, finally finding my voice to what seem like years after.

"You remember me. T-that's awesome." he slurs, sarcasm present on his voice and expression.

"Of course I do. I ju-" he interrupts me, lifting his free hand. "Yeah. Yeah... You dropped your phone in the toilet."

"Mason... You're drunk."

"Didn't know." he rolls his eyes lifting the bottle. I sigh.

This is on me. It's my fault. I got to fix it.

"Come in. Please." I plead pointing to the door. He walks to me, our bodies are now inches away from one another, and I have hard time not throwing my arms around him as his warmth surrounds us. "Now you want me to come in? Funny, isn't Scarlett?" Mason says, a edge to his tone, his weight dominantly hovering mine.

"I explained you the reason. You are the person that knows the most about me. Stop being like that." I whisper, eyes pleading on his dark orbs.

"That's the thing! I want to know all of you, not just the most!" He shouts.

God...he's losing his shit faster than I ever seen.

"How did you wanted me to tell you shit, if I, myself, didn't know what to think?"

"We could solve it together! You left for two months, no fucking contact! Do you know how hard was not knowing if you were alive or laying dead somewhere?" His voice e is louder by the second, posture rigid as my shoulders stay slumped down, in defeat.

Maybe I should've done things different... but what's done, it's done.

We could just talk shut out, instead of making a scene in front of my door. But no... Mason Matteo can't fucking reason.

"You can see for yourself now! Done?" I raise my voice as well becoming annoyed.

I know what I did wasn't the best but he knew why. I left with a explanation.

Mason scoffs. "Done? Funny Scarlett, fucking funny, you leav-"

"I told you why, goddammit! I needed  time to solve my own head, and you give me shit about it! What did you want? I couldn't give you shit Mason, I would end up ruining us both!" I yell looking up at his black orbs. 

Can't he understand that sometimes the best connection between two people isn't enough when one is fucked up? I would bring my burdens to him, and put us back in everything.

Sooner or later, it would be all falling apart to us.

"I don't care! I-" He interrupts himself, his tongue on the side of his cheek.

"You what Mason?" I sigh, exasperated.

Suddenly,  he roughly crashes his lips on mine. I moan feeling the warm of them that I missed so damn much.

Fucking finally.

Wrapping my arms around his neck he grabs my ass pulling me up, and I straddle his torso with my legs.