Chapter 44: Rings

Scarlett

Mason hand rests in my thigh as he smoothly drives to Xander house, while Alessandro is sleeps peacefully on the back seats, soft music filling the background.

"Kitten." His voice takes my attention away from the window. "Yes?"

"Do you want to tell the wedding date already? Tomorrow we're lunching at my dad's, we can tell them too."

I smile, looking at his sculpted side profile.

"Sounds good, yeah."

He takes his hand off the wheel , driving the car with his knees as he looks for something on his leather jacket.

Seriously? Couldn't he just use the hand on my thigh?

Show off.

Handling me his phone, I frown. "Unlock it and chose." He commands, and I do as he said, unlocking his phone to a page with wedding rings.

"What's this about?" Frowning, I glance at him before going back to the online page filling the screen.

"We haven't picked them yet, chose which one you prefer from there."

I sigh, liking his trust on me, but the ring isn't just for one of us.

"Mas. We had this discussion a few times already. It isn't just about me, I'm not the only who's going to we-" A large hand covers my mouth, muddling my voice.

Asshole.

I bite him, which only makes his grin widen.

"Kitten." He glances at me. "I've seen those and they're all of my liking. I made sure to do that before you got mad." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes, but the smile is present on my face.

He knows me, and listens to me, I don't know why I thought he'd ignore my request of the wedding being according both of our tastes.

Putting my hand above his, I scroll down the page of rings, enjoying the fact that his thumb is rubbing circles through my black jeans.

"I like this one." I show him two simple gold bands. His eyes look at it, and he nods. "They're my favorite as well."

"That was easy." I snort a laugh, and he chuckles.

Half of the drive we sneak a glance at each other, like we do every damn time we pass that certain spot.

Some things are worthy of being remembered.

Like our wedding date. It's the two year mark of when we met.

"You know, I never had a woman working for me, this should be interesting." He had mused, smirking at me and receiving my  roll of eyes.

"You know, I'm not working for you, I'm working with you." I mocked him, emphasizing the 'with' as he stared at me with amusement.

Ah... good times. But I'm more happy with all the progress we've made and how far we've reached together.

We grew, and we conquered things even with a few bumps in the way.

"So... I was thinking-"

"Oh, the man thinks!" I tease, making him roll his eyes, a smirk evident on his face.

"As I was saying... we won't have honeymoon because little nugget is too little yet." I laugh at that

True, we decided not to.

"But... we can leave him a night with my dad or with anyone you want, and have a night just for us, at home. If you want to go somewhere else, we can too."