46

JULY 2018

Everyone is excited to be back in Texas.

The Dallas show is fun, despite being a little rainy; the weather is similar the next day, for the San Antonio show, too, but the mood is still good, nonetheless.

"When's Daph getting here?" Elle asks Jawn, once she'd finished getting ready for the day.

"Any minute now," he smiles, excitedly.

"I don't know who's more excited to see her," Otto laughs.

"I'm gonna be neglected," Awsten pouts.

"No you're not," Elle shakes her head, with an eye roll. "Come on, I've been the only girl on tour for like, three weeks."

Awsten cracks her a smile, planting a subtle kiss on her temple, before disappearing off to grab something from his bunk.

Jawn heads out to get Daphne, and Elle meets them outside once they're coming back.

"Elle, hey!" Daphne grins, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Oh my god, it's so nice to see you," she squeezes her in return.

"How have you been surviving?" Daphne pulls away, with a laugh.

"I really don't know," Elle shrugs, innocently.

When the band heads off to play their small acoustic set, the two get more of a chance to catch up, and Daphne links her arm with Elle's.

"So," she looks at her, a slight smirk playing on her lips.

"Oh, no," Elle groans. "I know that look," she scrunches her face up, feeling a little embarrassed already. "What do you know?"

"Just what Jawn knows," Daphne shrugs.

"And what does Jawn know?" Elle questions; she'd guessed that Jawn might know something, but she doesn't know any more than her estimation.

"You don't know what Jawn knows?" Daphne shoots her a quizzical look.

Elle shakes her head. "I kind of thought he might now something, but I don't know who even knows, aside from Taylor," she explains, earning an odd expression in return.

"Just Jawn and I, as far as I know.. But, have you not like, talked about it?" The way Elle's face twists gives Daphne the answer she needs. "What? Why?"

"I don't know," she groans. "Well, I kind of do, we just- I don't think we want to talk about it."

"Why not?" Daphne frowns.

"I don't know about him, but for me, I guess," Elle lets out a sigh, trying to piece together her sentence, "if we talk about it, it'll become this real thing that we have to try and navigate, where things are gonna get mixed up, and problems are gonna arise and it just-" She stops herself, looking towards Daphne, who is offering her a sympathetic look. "I don't want history to repeat itself, I guess."

"Neither does-"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," Elle cuts her off quickly, before working up a smile. "Please, sorry," she apologises, feeling a little guilty for being so abrupt. "It's fine, really. I just think it's easier this way," she says, unsure of whether it's more for Daphne or for herself. "Taylor is probably gonna try to have the same conversation with me tomorrow, so," Elle shrugs, trying to remain casual.