108

OCTOBER 2019

The next day, Elle flies to San Francisco in the early afternoon, giving her just enough time to soundcheck and prepare for her show.

As soon as it's over, she helps the crew with her equipment as fast as she possibly can, before heading back to the airport.

She's on a plane before The Band Camino have even finished their set, since she rushed off right after playing a song with them.

It's just before midnight when she lands, and she's exhausted.

Elle has never taken two flights in one day before, let alone three in one week. It's clearly taken it's toll, since Awsten can barely get two words out of her as he drives her back to his apartment; he's basically carrying her to bed with him by the time they get inside.

The next morning, Awsten is prepared to let Elle sleep for as long as she needs to; he knows how exhausting touring can be, let alone when you're flying back and forth to see someone.

He feels a little guilty for it, but he knows that there's no way he can talk her out of a decision once she's already made up her mind. Besides, if it was the other way around, he'd do the same.

But, what surprises him, is an alarm ringing from Elle's phone, shortly after Awsten himself had woken up.

Elle rolls over, untangling her arm from around his torso to reach for her phone and turn the alarm off. It takes her a couple more seconds before she can open her eyes, and fully begin to wake up, to which Awsten looks down at her, oddly.

"Why'd you set an alarm?" He asks, pulling her closer. "You can go back to sleep, if you want."

"Nope," Elle shakes her head, pressing her lips to his cheek, lazily. "Don't wanna waste time," she murmurs, continuing to kiss the side of his face, before forcing herself to sit up. "We can have our date day today."

"Are you sure?" Awsten raises an eyebrow, running his hand down her back, as he sits up with her. "We can just chill. You basically passed out last night."

"No," Elle pouts, shaking her head again. "Today is my last full day with you for like, another two weeks," she points out. "I'm not wasting it by sleeping. I'm okay, seriously," she adds, beginning to shuffle out of bed.

Awsten stands up, swiftly wandering after her, and wrapping his arms around her waist; Elle laughs as she grabs a pile of clothes, preparing to head into the bathroom, trying to wriggle out of his secure hold.

"Nope," he holds her even tighter. "Not letting you go."

Deja vu suddenly hits the two of them, and they smile even wider, but it doesn't stop Elle from trying to free herself.

"Angel, I need to shower," she pleads, turning around in his grip, so that she's now facing him.

"Mm, angel," Awsten hums, almost incoherently, leaning in to kiss her.

"What?" Elle giggles, barely pulling away from their kiss.

"I just like it when you say that," he smiles, blissfully.

"You've called me angel," she points out. "A few times. I forgot to ask you about it."

"It just kind of slips out," Awsten shrugs. "Do you hate it? I can stop if—"

"No, no! I really like it," Elle assures him. "No one has ever called me that before. It's cute that you kind of picked it up from me."

"Well, it's just—" he cuts himself off, letting out a short breath, still holding her close. "You are the real angel in this relationship, you know that, right?" Awsten admits. "Fuck, that sounds so cheesy, but I realised that—"