49

AUGUST 2018

"She's still sleeping," Taylor says, opening the front door to find Awsten stood there.

"Still?" He laughs quietly, as she lets him in.

"Yeah.." she looks towards her bedroom door with a frown. "This is like..normal, right?"

"Oh! Yeah, yeah," Awsten nods. "Especially for her first tour, and especially for Warped Tour," he assures her, "don't worry."

"Okay, good," Taylor sighs in relief, going back to her coffee in the kitchen.

"I might go wake her up, though," Awsten glances at the time. "Her sleep schedule will be completely fucked if we let her sleep any longer."

"You're the expert, not me," she holds her hands up, with a shrug.

Awsten heads down the hall to Elle's bedroom, pushing the door open lightly, with a soft knock, to find her already half awake.

"Oh, hey," she smiles at the sight of him, ushering him to come closer.

"Hi," he pushes his shoes off at the foot of her bed, before climbing next to her. "How'd you sleep?"

"I can't really tell yet," Elle laughs, tiredly, rubbing her eyes. "I've barely left my room for two days."

"Hmm, that's usually how it goes," Awsten nods, now cuddling up to her.

"This is nice," Elle hums, allowing herself to breathe in his scent.

"Missed you," he murmurs, his voice muffled against her cheek, as he plants a kiss there, and she blushes.

Elle pulls back to look at him, a subtle smile playing on her lips, before she leans in, and kisses him softly.

It's short, and sweet, but Elle feels like it's just what she needed to force her out of bed.

Awsten wanders back out towards the kitchen, just ahead of Elle, wearing a not-so-subtle smile on his face, earning a weird look from Taylor.

"Oh, wow! You're actually alive," she grins, once Elle takes a seat on the stool opposite her.

"Barely," she mumbles, scrubbing her hands over her face, and Awsten chuckles, allowing his hand to rest carefully on her back.

"Have y'all eaten anything yet?" He asks, looking between the two of them.

"Nope," Elle answers, her chin propped up on her hand.

"Me neither," Taylor shakes her head, "unless coffee counts."

"Can I make pancakes?" Awsten gestures towards the stove. "'Cause I'm guessing you won't wanna go out just get," he turns to Elle, and she looks at him softly, before turning to Taylor, with an eyebrow raised.

"Just don't wreck my kitchen," she warns, taking another sip of her coffee.

"You got it," Awsten nods, confidently, before beginning to look through their cupboards.

Taylor instructs him around the kitchen, to aid him in finding various ingredients, while Elle watches him intently, her head resting in her arms.

She's about to dose off to sleep again, right in the middle of the kitchen, until Awsten touches her shoulder lightly, placing a plate of pancakes in front of her.

"Oh, thanks," Elle smiles, sitting up straight, and trying to shake off her tiredness.

"You can't go back to sleep now," he advises, "not until tonight, or it'll fuck you up completely."