104

SEPTEMBER 2019

Awsten is going back and forth with himself.

Today is his last day with Elle for another two weeks, until she's back in Los Angeles, but only for one day.

Obviously, he wants to make the most of it, but the more pressing question that he can't seem to get off his mind, is whether or not he should as her to be his girlfriend.

It's been over a month since they've sort of 'officiated' things between the two of them, including around seven dates, if Awsten has counted correctly.

Typically, it seems like a decent amount of time, since they've been sticking to the whole 'going slow' thing; but, is it unfair of him to ask her, right before they have to leave each other for another two weeks? Or, does that make it the perfect time? To end the couple of days they've spent together by taking the next step in their relationship.

Awsten doesn't realise how lost he is in his thoughts, until Elle pulls him out of it, as she begins to stir next to him.

She's humming, still half asleep, as she naturally pulls herself closer to Awsten; he smiles as he listens closer, but doesn't recognise the melody.

"Nora," he whispers, dragging out the nickname, but Elle only buries her face deeper in the crook of his neck, attempting to suppress her smile. "Come on, I know you're awake."

"Only because I can basically hear you thinking," she mumbles, her words muffled against him, before she plants a kiss on his cheek, and pulls back to look at him. "What's up?"

Awsten lets out a quiet sigh, shifting in his spot to face her. "Just thinking," he shrugs, tucking a piece of hair out her face.

"About what?" Elle presses, leaning into his touch as his hand rests on her cheek.

"You," Awsten answers, beginning to smile; she blushes, attempting to hide her face, earning a small giggle. "You're cute when you're embarrassed."

"Are you saying I'm not cute all the time?" Elle raises an eyebrow.

"Shut up. You know you're cute all the time," he rolls his eyes, playfully. "What were you humming?"

"A song," she answers, vaguely, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"What song?"

"Song about you," Elle replies, quietly, resting her head against his shoulder. "Started it a while ago, but I think it's done now. It's just stuck in my head."

"Can I hear it?" Awsten asks, hopefully.

"The voice memo is shitty," she grimaces. "All of my stuff is on the bus, though. I could play it for you later, if you want," Elle looks up at him, raising an eyebrow, and he nods eagerly.

After a moment, she rolls onto her back, stretching out her arm, before letting out a sigh, and turning back to Awsten.

He's caught up in admiring her, speechlessly.

"You're staring," Elle observes.

"I have a nice view," Awsten murmurs, leaning closer to her.

She leans in, too, at first, before gently pulling back.

He narrows his eyes at her, studying her expression.

"What?" Elle questions.

"There's something you're not telling me," Awsten points out.

"What do you mean?"

"What's the deal with this?" he pouts. "Why don't you want me to kiss you in the morning?"