19

MARCH 2018

Awsten has finally given in to letting Jawn meet Elle; he's been bugging him about it ever since he first spoke about her, and Elle finds it amusing how Awsten has been able to avoid it for this long.

"Just- don't listen to a word he says," he warns her, and she laughs. "I'm serious, nothing he says, like, ever. All he wants to do is embarrass me."

"It's fine, angel," Elle gives him a soft smile, finding it adorable how stressed out he is about what Jawn is going to try to say to her; while Awsten feels every bit of tension leave his body, as she so effortlessly says the nickname that he's growing increasingly fond of.

After a few moments, there's a knock at the door, and Awsten pushes himself up off of the couch.

"Why the fuck did you even knock?" Awsten skips over a greeting once he opens the door. "You never knock."

"Because I'm polite," Jawn replies, stepping inside.

"That's definitely up for debate," Awsten grumbles, as the red head moves past him.

"I'm not here to be bullied," he tilts his head up, looking away from Awsten.

"Then leave," he responds dryly, earning a giggle from Elle, standing up from her spot on the couch.

Jawn looks to Awsten, with a smug grin, awaiting his introduction.

"Jawn, this is Elle, and Elle, this is Jawn," he gestures towards him, subtly hitting his hand against Jawn's chest. "Once again, don't listen to a word he says."

"That was a shitty way to introduce your best friend," Jawn scowls.

"Geoff is my best friend," Awsten smirks, until he notices Elle gasp. "And Elle, obviously Elle."

"Thought so," she hums. "Nice save, angel."

Awsten tries not to blush, as he feels Jawn's eyes burning into him, at she speaks casually.

"Anyways, Elle, hello," Jawn makes his way over, "I'm Jawn, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," he opens his arms for a hug, which Elle gladly accepts.

"It's nice to finally meet you, too," she giggles as she spots Awsten glaring over Jawn's shoulder, before they pull away.

"You want anything, idiot?" Awsten asks, as they walk through to the kitchen.

"See, Elle," Jawn starts, "why is someone as nice as you, hanging out with someone so mean?" He continues, sarcastically.

"I will end you," Awsten mutters, taking his orange juice out of the fridge.

"He's not that mean," Elle smirks. "Well, not to me, anyway," she shrugs. "Just a lucky coincidence we met, I guess," she muses, casually, though the smile on her face definitely says that there's a little more to it than that. "He's not sick of me yet, so I'm still hanging around."

Awsten purses his lips together to stop himself from jumping in; Elle explains the whole thing pretty nonchalantly, and he can tell that she's downplaying it.

In his eyes, her description doesn't really portray how much of an impact she's actually had on him.

As if to read Awsten's internal thought, Jawn looks to him with his eyebrows raised, practically in agreement.