95

AUGUST 2019

"Elle!" Taylor grins, entering the apartment.

"Fucking hell," Elle looks back at her, surprised. "I think I actually forgot I had a roommate for a minute."

"Very funny," Taylor nudges her, rolling her eyes, before joining her on the couch.

"Hey, Elle!" Ethan calls, as he enters now, too.

"Oh, well, three is just a crowd," she comments, sarcastically, and he flips her off in return. "Honestly, why don't you two just move in together already?"

"I've been trying to convince her!" Ethan responds from the kitchen.

"Seriously?" Elle raises an eyebrow at Taylor, who offers her a guilty look. "Why don't you just do it?"

"I don't want to just ditch you!" She lets out a groan. "Like, this apartment is far too big for just you, and I know you're all famous and shit now, but you still can't afford this place by yourself," Taylor continues, and Elle rolls her eyes.

"Then, you two take this apartment, and I'll move somewhere else," she suggests. "Or move into Ethan's and I'll move out of this one, too. It's not rocket science, Tay."

"I thought you really like this place, though," Taylor frowns.

"I do, but if you move out, I can get a place that's closer to the studio," Elle shrugs. "The main reason we didn't move to Burbank in the first place was because we didn't want to risk bumping into Awsten. But, I don't exactly have a reason to stay away from him anymore."

"You could always move in with him," Ethan says, with a teasing tone, as he makes his way over to the two of them.

"How about, fuck off or I won't let you have her," Elle scowls back.

"Yeah!" Taylor shouts in agreement.

"This is ridiculous," Ethan mumbles, looking between the two of them.

"Shut up, and go shower," Taylor pushes him towards her room.

"Could you not shower at your own place?" Elle questions, confused.

"There's a problem with the water pressure," Taylor answers.

"Oh, so that's the real reason you came back," Elle feigns a betrayed expression, before cracking a smile, and standing up to head towards her bedroom.

"Can I use your bathroom while he's in the shower?" Taylor asks, following closely behind her.

"Yeah, that's fine," Elle nods, sitting herself on her bed, as Taylor goes into the en suit.

Her attention remains on her phone for a little while, mindlessly scrolling through Twitter, until Taylor calls her name, and Elle looks up.

"Uh, who's toothbrush is this?" Taylor stands in the doorway, with a quizzical look. "Yours isn't blue."

"Oh, that's uh— that's Awsten's," Elle admits, with a sheepish expression, and Taylor's eyes widen.

"Hold on, what the fuck?" She exits the bathroom, sitting beside Elle on the bed. "I know I haven't been around much, but, when did that happen?"