112

tw - things get a little steamy! nothing major, because i'm not into writing *smut* but you just the idea. not much of this really affects the plot as a whole, so feel free to skip if it makes you uncomfortable! <3

OCTOBER 2019

Upon arrival at the restaurant, everyone greets Elle happily, hugging her tightly; she hadn't expected such a greeting, but it made her heart feel even lighter than it already does.

Awsten offered to seat himself at the opposite end of the table with Jawn, allowing her some time to catch up with Taylor, but Elle wouldn't allow it; she knows he's just being wary, in case she still needs some space occasionally, but in all honesty, Elle doesn't think she wants space from him ever again. So, she keeps him close, seating him beside her, at the end of the table, with Taylor and Ethan sat opposite them, Daphne beside Elle, and Jawn opposite Daphne.

Everyone is asking Elle questions , intrigued to know how her first real tour went.

Awsten has already heard most of what she has to say, all of the stories from the tour bus, and her favourite moments on stage, but Elle still makes sure he feels involved while she speaks to their friends; it's a nice change for him to still feel included in a situation like this.

It's shown in subtle gestures, like taking his hand and twisting the rings around his fingers, rather than her own, as well as occasionally letting her hand fall to rest on his knee.

The way Awsten and Elle are practically connected at the hip doesn't go unnoticed by anyone.

Taylor and Jawn are possibly the happiest to see them together.

Taylor, being Elle's best friend, has seen what she's gone through first hand, and is mostly relieved that she's finally found someone that she fits so perfectly with.

Jawn is much the same; he can see the way Awsten looks at Elle, as if she's the only person in the room; it almost fills him with pride, knowing that his best friend gotten through so much shit, to finally be rewarded with the girl he's supposed to be with.

Conversations flow until after dinner, as they all let their meals settled, and Awsten's arm is settled around Elle's waist, while his head rests on her shoulder.

Elle is trying to stay focused on the conversation she's having with Daphne, but it's hard to concentrate when all she can think about is the way Awsten's fingertips are gently tracing patterns on her jeans. Her heart beats a little faster, each time his hand raises further up her thigh; and although she knows he's doing it absentmindedly, it doesn't make it any easier to control her breathing.

By the time the evening is drawing to a close, everyone begins to head home; Taylor and Ethan insist on having another double date, while Daphne and Jawn say their goodbyes in preparation for their flight back to Houston tomorrow - they'd only come to visit for a couple of days for Jawn and Awsten to do some work, and to see Elle when she got home.

The ride home for Awsten and Elle is fairly quiet; he's stealing glances at her while he drives, as he always does, and he catches her staring at him each time.

They'd agreed on the two of them staying at Awsten's apartment once again, so they can finally finish moving Elle into her new place tomorrow. They head up to his floor, hand in hand, before stopping just outside of his door.

Awsten digs into his pocket for his keys, dropping Elle's hand briefly to unlock the door. He steps aside, letting her in first, before turning to close the door behind them.

"Awsten," she blurts, a little abruptly.

"Huh?" Awsten turns back to face her, unsure why she hadn't already gone further inside and made herself comfortable.