5

FEBRUARY 2018

Awsten feels good today; he went to therapy, where he spoke a lot about the upcoming tour, and any anxieties he had to go along with that, plus he's finished demoing two songs that he's been working on for the past week.

But now, he's forcing himself to take a break; he knows he needs to, and he deserves it, since he's been really productive today, but it's still hard to pull himself away from work.

He's still finding it difficult to entertain himself, when he's sat on the couch, scrolling through Twitter; he's almost at the point of boredom where he'd check his DM's, but he's saved by a text from Elle.

//

🎯
do you think you could
be the best person ever
and come help me with
something?

awsten!
Rude that you don't already
think I'm the best person ever,
but of course

🎯
are you sure you're not
busy? it might take a while

awsten!
Nope, it's all good

Making myself take a break

Should I come over now?

🎯
yes please

//

Within a matter of seconds, Awsten is up from the sofa, grabbing his keys and heading out of the door. He pulls up Elle's address, double-checking it before he leaves, and he's there within a matter of minutes.

He knocks at the door, and Elle opens it quickly, with a tired, half-smile.

"Hi," she steps to the side, allowing him entry, as he smiles. "Thank you for coming over," she sighs, sounding relieved.

"Oh, yeah, because it's so out of my way," Awsten comments, sarcastically.

"Mhm, I know, I'm terribly sorry," Elle smirks, running with the joke. "How was the journey?"

"Really bad, honestly, that five minute drive was excruciating," he shakes his head. "The things I do for you," he rolls his eyes, light-heartedly, earning a small giggle, which makes his heart squeeze; and now, all he can think about is how much he actually would do for her. "So, what do you need help with?"

Elle turns and gestures towards various planks of wood, along with a large cardboard box, which looks like it should be assembled to make some sort of furniture. "I made the mistake of ordering this desk from IKEA, when I have no idea how to build shit," she sighs, "and Taylor is at work, though, I doubt she would be much help anyway."

"So, basically, you need my huge muscles and big brain to save you," Awsten lets out a laugh at Elle's frustrated expression.

"Something along those lines," she looks frazzled, sitting cross legged in front of the mess she's created, and Awsten wonders how long she's been trying to figure this out by herself.

"Okay, so, first of all," he starts, sitting down next to her, "I'm pretty sure this part goes here, and this part goes here," he demonstrates, pulling together two pieces of wood, that look like they should slot together.