25

APRIL 2018

Despite having been to Awsten's house a few times, Elle has never actually met his parents - since they've usually been at work or just out somewhere while she's been there; she knows that they're both going to be there today when she arrives, and that makes her nervous.

Awsten can sense that she's nervous, just by the tone of her voice from the phone call they had, just before Elle left her apartment. Though, he knows she's has no reason to be nervous - he knows everyone is going to love her.

As soon as he hears her car pull up outside, he rushes to the door before anyone else; Awsten knows that if Elle was met with a stranger first, it would set her even more on edge.

When he opens the door, she's making her way towards him, wearing blue jeans and his Rare hoodie, which is far too big on her, but it's clear that she loves it anyway; he can't help but grin at the sight, as the distance closes between them, and he steps just outside the door, closing it over slightly behind him.

"Hi!" Elle skips her last steps, practically jumping into Awsten's arms.

"Hey, beautiful," he scoops her up, tightly wrapping his arms around her waist; the nickname slips out unintentionally, but he finds it hard to overthink anything when he's holding Elle. "I missed you."

"I missed you, so much," she grins, pulling back to look at him. "Fucking hell, we are so dramatic, aren't we?" Elle giggles.

"Just a little," he plants a soft kiss on her cheek, pulling her into another quick hug. "But, at least we're self aware," Awsten comments, earning a laugh. "You ready?" He asks, giving Elle a look, just to make sure, before he opens the door fully again, and they step inside.

Awsten's mother, Ginny, rushes to welcome Elle with a warm smile and open arms.

"Elle! It's so lovely to finally meet you," she pulls her in, and Elle accepts her hug gladly.

"It's so nice to meet you too, Mrs Knight," Elle replies, politely.

"Oh, please," she waves a hand, "call me Ginny."

Awsten's dad soon wanders over, to greet Elle similarly, and Awsten's heart swells at her interactions with his parents.

Making their way through to the kitchen, Jawn and Otto stand from their seats with a smile.

"Hey, Elle," Otto greets her, before Jawn pulls her into a quick hug, shooting Awsten a look over her shoulder, which he can't quite read.

Awsten had no doubt that his family would be welcoming towards Elle, but he still feels a sense of relief that they're getting along with her so well.

Soon enough, Travis, and Andrew arrive, too; Awsten introduces them to Elle, and they greet her happily.

"I love that this is Elle's first time meeting Travis, and he's going to be reading dirty fan fiction about you," Jawn laughs once everything is ready upstairs.

"Honestly, it could be worse," Travis deadpans.

"At least we're both reading the dirty fan fiction about me," Awsten shrugs, and Elle glances over to Otto's worried expression.