34

MAY 2018

Elle lets out a frustrated sigh, laying back on her bed, with her guitar still firmly resting on her chest.

Awsten looks over with confused look, before standing up and heading towards her.

"What was that for?" He raises his eyebrows as she looks up at him.

"I just want to do something with all of this," Elle tosses her hands up, causing her guitar to almost fall on her face, but thankfully, Awsten catches it, before it can cause any damage. "My music, and stuff," she adds, for clarification.

"Okay," he responds, thoughtfully. "Well, what do you want to do with it?"

"I want to put an EP together, I think," Elle answers, sitting up straight. "But, I don't how to-" She starts, but pauses briefly, as she locks her gaze with Awsten's. "Can you help?" She asks, with a hopeful tone, that melts Awsten heart.

"Elle, of co-"

"You can say no, like, I'd understand. You have your own career and that your priority, obviously, like, don't feel bad if you-"

"Nora, stop," Awsten interrupts quickly. "Of course I'll help you," he laughs softly, and Elle opens her mouth to say something else, but he places his finger gently over her lips. "No, shh."

Elle purses her lips together, and Awsten's hand lingers.

Taylor's words from almost a month ago linger in her head; next time, don't let it be an almost.

Since then, there have still been plenty of next times, but Elle hasn't managed to work up the courage yet to stop them from being another almost.

"Come to LA with me, again," Awsten suggests, pulling her out if her thoughts. "We can take what you've already got, or some new things, get them mastered and make an EP."

"Seriously?" Elle's eyes widen in anticipation.

"Yes, yeah, oh my god," he responds, now matching her excitement.

The pair hear an exaggerated cough, causing them to look in the direction of the doorway, to see Taylor leant against it, with her arms folded.

"What?" Elle raises an eyebrow.

"You two can't take another trip to LA without me," she feigns offended. "That's just plain rude."

Awsten laughs, looking to Elle as she rolls her eyes.

"You wanna come?" He asks, clearly already knowing the answer.

"I thought you'd never ask!" Taylor grins, as Elle face palms. "I'll start packing."

"Why?" Elle turns to Awsten, as she feigns desperation. "Why have you done this to me?" She shakes his shoulders, and he nudges her off playfully.

Though Awsten and Elle liked being by themselves during their last trip to California, neither of them seemed to be able to deny Taylor the excitement of coming along.

Plus, it means she'll finally be taking a break, and Elle is glad that she's able to pry her away from working relentlessly at her two jobs.