83

APRIL 2019

Elle's schedule for today is full.

The comparisons between the aftermath of her last release compared to this one, couldn't be more different.

She has a label now, that give her funding, and set up interviews and promotion gigs.

She's excited, nervous, and waking up early is definitely a downside.

After showering and drying her hair, Elle heads through to the kitchen, where she hears the front door opening.

"What're you two doing back this early?" She asks, when Taylor and Ethan comes to join her.

"Well, firstly, unlike you, we actually get up at a reasonable time," Taylor comments, earning a glare. "Plus, we wanted to see you before you go and do all of your famous people things."

"Famous people things," Elle repeats with a mimicking tone, rolling her eyes.

"What did you do last night?" Taylor sits opposite her at the breakfast bar.

"She just sat around and missed us, probably," Ethan smirks.

"You wish," Elle shoots back.

"No, seriously," Taylor raises her eyebrows. "I hope you weren't just sat here, doing nothing, by yourself."

"I saw Awsten," Elle shrugs, and Taylor's eyes go wide.

"Really?" Her mouth gapes, wondering why Elle is being so casual about it.

"Yeah," she responds, remaining nonchalant. "Come on, it's not like we— nothing happened. We just talked."

"Hope it wasn't in the kitchen again," Ethan comments, as he leans against the counter, causing Elle to turn around, scowling, and slap his arm harshly.

"I'm not having this conversation right now," she begins to go back to her bedroom. "I've got shit to do," Elle flips both of them off, before finishing getting ready.

She heads to the Hopeless offices, having put a little more effort into her appearance than usual, since she knows she's going to be on camera a lot, and is a little surprised when she sees some familiar faces.

"Awsten?" Elle calls, catching his attention, and he turns around with a bright smile, which makes her heart skip a beat.

"Elle! Hey," he gives an energetic response, and she notices Joel Madden stood to his right, with Erik, one of the label execs, to his left.

"Are you all ready for today, Elle?" Erik asks, with a smile.

"Uh, yeah, I think so," she nods, slowly, still confused about the slight gathering they have going on. "I don't mean to be rude, at all, but like, what're you guys doing here?" Elle laughs lightly, now standing at Awsten's side.

"Just discussing some deals, and business stuff," Joel answers, before looking towards Awsten's excited expression, to which Elle raises an eyebrow.

"I'll fill you in, later," he says, quietly, his mouth hovering next to her hear, which seems to increase her heart rate.

Erik looks down at his watch, before looking back up at Elle. "We should get you going," he announces. "Busy day."