113

NOVEMBER 2019

Once Elle is officially moved out of her shared apartment with Taylor, and into her new one by herself, she makes sure that she spends the first night there alone.

Although she wants to make the most of her time with Awsten before he leaves for tour, she knows that it's probably better for her independence to have some time there for herself.

The two of them know that it wouldn't be good for them to spend every night with each other; it's not like they've moved in together. They still need to spend time apart, since it'll likely be much healthier for their relationship in the long run.

But, naturally, the two still spend a decent amount of time together, making sure that they don't go more than a day without seeing one another.

Today, Elle has a meeting; Awsten isn't sure what it's about, which leaves him thinking about it all day while he's working.

Elle had a subtle excitement to her voice when she called and told him about it this morning; she'd mentioned that Eric from Hopeless Records would be accompanying her, and that Benji and Joel would be leading the meeting, but that's just about all the information he revived.

Awsten is focusing hard on putting some finishing touches onto some visuals for tour when his phone rings, lighting up with an incoming call from Elle.

He takes a moment to gaze at the picture of her gracing his screen. He only changed her contact photo recently, to a newer photo he'd taken the day she'd got back from tour; she'd fallen asleep with her head resting on his shoulder, and her chin barely propped up by her hand, with her hair falling over most of her face.

It's quickly become one of Awsten's favourite pictures of her, simply because of how adorable  she looks when she sleeping; he wonders if he'll be able to post it one day.

Quickly, he snaps himself out of his daze, scrambling to answer Elle's call before it's too late, and thankfully the line still connects.

"Hey!"

"I thought you weren't gonna answer for a minute," Elle laughs, the sound causing Awsten's heart to skip a beat.

"Sorry, I kinda zoned out for a second," he half-lies, feeling himself blush. "What's up? How was the meeting?"

"Really good, actually!" She answers, her grin extremely evident through her voice, which piques Awsten's interest. "Can I come over? So I can tell you all about it."

"Yeah, sure!" He agrees, easily, preparing to save his work on his laptop. "I'll unlock the door for you."

"Okay, I'll be there in like, five minutes," Elle tells him, thankful for the short distance from the MDDN offices to Awsten's apartment by.

It's not long before she's opening the front door, calling out to her boyfriend as she enters, finding him sat on the couch waiting for her.

"Hi, beautiful," Awsten grins, reaching his hands out to welcome her.

Elle walks into his arms gladly, collapsing onto the sofa with him, and resting her head against his shoulder.

"So, this meeting," Awsten starts, raising an eyebrow. "I've literally been dying to hear about it all day."

"Okay," Elle giggles, sitting up straight again, and crossing her legs beneath her; she eagerness is practically glowing from her, and it makes Awsten equally as excited as she is. "I'm gonna make an album."