91

JULY 2019

Elle is wearing a big smile on her face, as sits on her bed, her legs crossed underneath her, with Ash sat opposite her.

"So, come on, give me an update," Elle nudges her. "What's going on with Maria?"

Ash blushes, earning a giggle. "We've been texting, and— well, that's kind of it. I can't tell if she likes me," she shrugs. "But, I really fucking like her."

"She's doesn't live too far, though, right?" Elle raises an eyebrow.

"Orange County," Ash nods.

"Well, why don't you go see her?" Elle suggests. "You know, nice surprise, get her some flowers or something. It'd be cute."

"You and flowers," Ash rolls her eyes. "I just don't want to go all out for it to backfire," she frowns. "I'll think about it. But, what about you? What's new?"

"Not much, honestly," Elle shrugs, earning a look. "I'm telling the truth! I've just been working, and Awsten has, too, so—"

"I never even said anything about Awsten," Ash wiggles her eyebrows.

"Oh, shut up," Elle groans. "I know what you were implying," she rolls her eyes. "Thank you, by the way, for not like, airing all the shit I tell you out on Twitter."

"Elle, oh my god, I'd never," Ash shakes her head quickly. "We're friends. I'm not gonna put a bunch of fucking stan accounts above that," she says, sincerely.

"I know, it's just weird. Like, I didn't think I'd notice much difference as I started getting any sort of stature, but things do feel a little different," Elle makes an odd face.

"You have like, famous people issues now," Ash giggles.

"Awsten calls them Drake problems," Elle hums, smiling, just as there's a knock at the door. "Oh, speak of the devil," she stands up from her bed, a little confused as to why he'd be coming over.

"Huh?" Ash shoots her a quizzical look. "How do you know who it is, just from a knock?"

"He always knocks the same," Elle shrugs, heading for the door. "It's different to anyone else."

Ash makes herself comfortable on the couch, while Elle opens the door, wearing a smile when she lays her eyes upon Awsten.

"Hey," she tilts her head, at his seemingly tense expression.

"Hi," he lets out a sigh, clearly relieved to see her.

"Everything okay?" Elle raises an eyebrow, stepping aside to let him in.

"Yeah, I just needed—" Awsten begins, but pauses, when he notices Ash sat on the sofa. "Oh, Ash, hey!" He grins, making his way over. "How's it going?"

Ash stands to greet him, and Awsten opens his arms up for a hug; she's glad that she's met him a fair few times at shows and meet and greets, so that she doesn't have to have the awkward fan girl moment right now.

"I'm good! How're you?" She returns, as they pull away.

"Yeah, yeah, good," Awsten nods, his eyes naturally gravitating back towards Elle. "I can come back later, if y'all are hanging out."