90

*tw!!! mentions/themes of sexual assault are in this chapter so pls proceed with caution. i really tried to approach this subject in the best way i could but if anyone has any issues with it, pls don't hesitate to message me! stay safe ily <3*

//

JUNE 2019

The evening is creeping in, as Awsten walks Elle up to her apartment.

Wordlessly, she invites him in, by tugging on his hand as she opens the door.

Awsten follows her to the couch, where she pulls him onto it, and cuddles close to him.

Elle buries her face in his chest, as he soothingly rubs her back.

"Do you need anything?" Awsten questions, but doesn't receive a response. "Water? I think water would be a good idea."

For a moment, he thinks she's fallen asleep, until he attempts to move, and she grips the fabric of his hoodie a little tighter.

"Don't go," Elle murmurs, her face twisting into a frown.

"I was just going to get—"

"I'll come, too," she cuts him off, shifting her hold on him.

"Okay," Awsten nods, standing carefully, and Elle keeps her arms wrapped around his waist.

It becomes a little inconvenient when they get to the kitchen though, as she seems to be restricting his movement.

Awsten chuckles, as he looks down at her.

"Here, I've got an idea," he says, earning a nod of blind agreement, before he picks Elle up gently, and places her on the counter. "Just stay here. I'll be two seconds."

He goes to the other side of the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the sink to wash it, before filling it with water.

When Awsten looks back at Elle, she's wrapped herself up in his sweater, holding the fabric close to make up for the absence of him, and he smiles to himself.

"Here," Awsten holds the glass of water out to her, as he stands in front of her on the counter.

She takes it, mumbling a quiet thank you, and begins drinking quickly.

"Wait, slow down," Awsten insists, "take small sips," he instructs, softly. "Big gulps will make you feel worse."

Elle does as he says, and nurses the water slowly.

They stay quiet while she does so, and once she's done, Elle places the glass beside her on the counter, and looks up at Awsten.

He raises an eyebrow, but she just pulls him closer to her.

Sitting up straighter, she wraps her arms around his shoulders, as his slide around her waist.

They stay there for a long time, still quiet, before Awsten speaks up.

"D'you wanna talk about it?" He asks, referring to what she'd said earlier.

Awsten knows she doesn't have to tell him, after all, he probably wouldn't willingly tell her about half his bad dreams and what he talks about in therapy; those sort of things can still stay private, to a certain extent.