110

OCTOBER 2019

Taylor and Ethan attend Elle's show in Los Angeles, and Awsten makes sure to call her ahead of the show and after, before she rejoins the tour bus and they head to Arizona.

The Phoenix show ends up being one of Elle's favourites; Ash is there, and she brings Maria along for a date night, so Elle brings them both backstage, and they get to watch her perform from the wings.

She feels like much more of a performer, now that she's almost completed her first full tour; and, most importantly, it's given her more of an idea of what she wants her own tour to look like one day.

There are five shows left, with more days off in between than she's had for the whole of tour, leaving eleven days until she can actually return to LA.

Now, though, Elle is in Texas; the show tomorrow is in Austin, but for her day off, she decided to go to Houston. She hasn't been back since she moved, and Daphne desperately wanted to spend some time with her.

They've spent the whole day together, shopping and catching up, before heading back to Daphne's apartment.

"Now, you have barely told me anything about you and Awsten all day," she raises her eyebrows.

"I feel like I talk about him too much, most of the time," Elle admits, bashfully.

The two of them retire to the couch, turning on the TV, and once Daphne has ordered their pizza, she turns to Elle with an expecting look.

"What?" She giggles, her face beginning to heat up.

"Come on, Elle! I need to know everything," Daphne nudges her. "Like, just, how's it going? Are you happy?"

"Really happy," Elle nods, attempting to suppress her smile. "He's just so good. Like, such a good person, such a good boyfriend, I don't know why he ever doubts himself," she begins to let herself ramble a little. "And everything just feels so easy. Not in the sense of being away from each other and stuff, but I'm not spending my time with him waiting for another argument, and it's so nice," Elle lets out a small sigh.

"So, are you in love?" Daphne smirks, earning a groan.

"No, no, oh my god," she buries her face in her hands. "It's still only been a couple weeks," Elle reminds her.

"Yeah, but, y'all have known each other for a while," Daphne raises her eyebrows. "Plus, you both seem real' settled already," she adds.

Elle shrugs it off, trying not to think too far into it. "We've barely had more than a couple days together at a time to be a real couple yet," she laughs, lightly. "I kind of can't wait for both of to have a break at the same time, and we can just—"

"—Fuck constantly," Daphne interrupts, earning a glare. "No one will see either of you for weeks because you'll just—"

"Okay, well, that's where I'm ending this conversation," Elle shakes her head, trying not to get overly flustered at the comment.

It's not something she's had much time to even think about— tour has been so fast paced, and she's been keeping herself busy— but now that she is thinking about it, she can't wait for her and Awsten to be back in LA together.