122

DECEMBER 2019

Awsten is glad that he doesn't have to wait another five weeks to see Elle again.

It feels nice to be back in Houston in time for Christmas, and he's excited that she agreed to spend it with him and his family.

Although, he is a little surprised at how little it took to convince her. Awsten wonders if she even had any Christmas plans in the first place.

Elle doesn't talk about her family a lot. She'd mentioned the way she often clashed with pretty much everyone in her household, which is why she grew so close with her grandparents, and it ultimately hurt so much when she lost her grandad.

But, other than that, most of what Awsten knows is that she has two brothers, and a complicated relationship with both of her parents.

The idea of her not even being invited to any Christmas celebrations with them, causes his chest to ache. He hopes she's not upset about the missed opportunity to see them, since he knows she hasn't gone back home for about a year now.

Despite what Awsten may think, though, all Elle is focused on in the lead up to her trip to Houston is Christmas shopping.

Since the Knights' are inviting her into their home during the holidays, the least she can possibly do is get them Christmas presents.

She knows Awsten will tell her that she didn't need to do anything at all, but he has to know her better than that by now.

However, buying a few extra gifts does make it a little harder to pack.

It doesn't take long for the day of Elle's flight to come around, though, and that's when her neves seem to kick in.

Sure, she's spent plenty of time with Awsten's family while she lived in Houston, and she gets along with them wonderfully; but Christmas feels very personal, and it's a little daunting.

Despite having a busy day with soundchecks, meet & greets, as well as other the usual pre-show engagements, Awsten made sure that he has enough free time in his schedule to pick Elle up from the airport.

They had arrived on the bus yesterday, since they had a day off in between shows, which meant Awsten could bring some of his stuff home to his parents' house, and also persuade them to let him take the car this afternoon.

Naturally, he's a little early. For now, he waits in the car, though. He's a little more cautious when he's in Houston; oddly, he finds that he sometimes gets recognised more here, than he does in LA. Maybe it's because this is where the band started, so there just happen to me more fans here.

He checks the time every five minutes, deciding when would be the best time to go in, but before he can even get out of the car, Elle sends him a quick text.

🎯
hey! i just got through security,
so i shouldn't be too long. but
don't worry about coming inside,
i've already spotted 1 person in a
waterparks tshirts lmao, so i'll
just come out to the car!❤️

awsten👼🏻
You really are an angel

🎯
well🥰🥰

awsten👼🏻
I'm in my old car, literally
right out front, you can't
miss me

🎯
on my way❤️