13

MARCH 2018

"It's like you've been missing a limb," Taylor laughs, as she sits at the end of Elle's bed.

"Feels like it, too," Elle smiles, running her fingers along the strings over her guitar; she's missed the comfort of strumming mindlessly as a distraction from what's going on inside her head. "Kind of makes me want to take it all a lot more seriously, again."

"Like, music stuff?" Taylor sits up straight, as Elle nods in reply. "I think that's a fucking great idea."

"Really?" Elle raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, of course!" Taylor slaps her knee lightly, something she does when she thinks that Elle needs to stop doubting herself, and she laughs at the gesture. "Mate, you're fucking talented."

"Stop feeding my ego," Elle mumbles, readjusting her guitar in her lap.

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes, lightheartedly. "I'm being serious, though."

"Yeah, I know," Elle pauses, thinking for a moment. "I could start posting cover videos again, I guess."

"Yes! Those covers you used to do were so good," Taylor compliments, and she shakes her head, attempting to brush off the pink shade that's now tinting her cheeks; Taylor has always been one of the very few people to really push Elle when it comes to music. "Has Awsten seen that one you did of that Waterparks song?" She asks, seeming to struggle for a name. "That acoustic one, uh, you said it had something to do with Pixar song titles?"

"I'm a Natural Blue?" Elle can't help but laugh at her attempted description.

"That's the one! Has he heard it?"

"Nope, not that I know of," she answers, and Taylor groans.

"You have to show him, that was fucking sick," she reaches for Elle's phone, but she pulls it away quickly. "Elle, the way you layered all that shit together, and that one part you sang fast and you did it all in like one breath, I swear-"

"Okay, stop this," she laughs, holding a finger over Taylor's lips. "Stop complimenting me, you don't need to convince me anymore, I've already been writing some things."

Taylor sits back with a satisfied expression, to which Elle rolls her eyes and starts scrolling through her phone.

She's been wrestling with the idea of going to the Waterparks show in Leeds tomorrow night; after the opening in Birmingham last night, she just wants to watch them perform every night.

The band's bus drove to Leeds last night, so they have the whole day off there today, and Elle can't help the urge she has of wanting to join them.

Despite her best efforts to try, she's not enjoying being at home in the slightest; she feels on edge and finds herself just waiting to leave again.

"How would you feel about going to Leeds for like, two days?" Elle questions, not looking up from her Twitter feed.

"Seriously?" Taylor laughs.

"I will literally go by myself, if I have to," Elle replies, being deadly serious, and Taylor knows it.

"For fuck's sake, I can't let you do that," she rolls her eyes, knowing Elle would probably get lost by herself.