111

OCTOBER 2019

Awsten is back from their short acoustic tour in the UK, and has thankfully slept off his jet lag, by the time Elle's tour is over.

She has a fairly long flight before she's back in LA; after travelling so much for six weeks, she feels a sense of coming home, which leaves her feeling relieved when she finally lands.

It feels odd to be calling Los Angeles home. She was born on the other side of the world, and hasn't even lived here a year yet, but since living in LA, Elle feels more comfortable than she has anywhere else.

Awsten is waiting very impatiently in the airport, and the two of them feel strong deja vu each time they end up here; but this time, they know that they're going to be able to hold onto each other for a little bit longer.

Elle takes off in a run as soon as she sees him, and Awsten's heart suddenly feels more full than it has in the last two weeks.

He's always loved watching her face light up whenever they'd see each other again, and he was so scared that he'd never be able to get that back, worried that he'd be stuck with flat greetings forever as a sort of punishment for the mistakes he's made.

All of Awsten thoughts melt away, though, the second that Elle is in his arms.

"I missed you, I missed you," he mumbles repeatedly, the words muffled against her hair as he holds her tightly; she pulls away to look at him with a bright grin, to which Awsten moves his hand to cup her face.

"I missed you," Elle pushes onto her tiptoes, pressing her lips to his. "Come on, I want to get out of here," she nudges him, after a moment.

Awsten slips his hands into her's easily, taking her bags from her as he leads her out to his car.

Elle lets out a sigh once they've both settled into their seats, buckling their seatbelts.

"I'm so happy to be home," she smiles, looking over to her boyfriend as he puts the keys in the ignition.

"And I'm so happy that you're happy to be home," he leans over to place a quick kiss on her lips, before beginning to drive.

The journey back to Awsten's apartment only takes around half an hour, and as he opens the front door, Elle lets out a tired sigh.

"I need a nap," she says, turning around as Awsten closes the door behind them; she opens her arms up, pouting slighting, her hands reaching for him.

Gladly, Awsten walks into her embrace, holding her securely.

"Come nap with me," Elle mumbles against his shoulder, placing kisses there, although she isn't sure he can even feel it through the fabric of his shirt.

"I was gonna get some work done while you slept," Awsten replies, causing her to pull away with a frown.

"Guess I'm not sleeping then," she shrugs, wandering off, and Awsten shakes his head at her.

"Don't be like that," he chuckles, following her, but not receiving a response; Awsten stops in his tracks, looking into his bedroom for a moment. "Stay there, I have an idea," he murmurs, glancing back to Elle who's made herself comfortable on the couch.

When he returns, Awsten has his bed covers bundled up in his hands, with a pillow tucked under his arm.

He offers the pillow out to Elle, and she takes it with an odd look, as he places the covers over her. Awsten then grabs his laptop from his desk, before returning to the couch, and taking a seat beside his girlfriend.