Chapter 33 - 'We Could Be Next'

Chapter Thirty-Three 

- Kellie's POV - 

"Where are you going?" I hear Lucas say from behind of me. As I fold and pack my things, I cannot help but feel bad that I am just up and leaving him like this. 

"Home," I say; my voice is tired. I can feel his blue eyes burning into my back. I look through my suitcase one more time to make sure I have everything and then zip it up quickly. 

"What are you talking about?" I turn around to find his eyebrows furrowed and he looks more than confused. I chew on my bottom lip, wondering what to say. 

"I'm going back to L.A.," I breathe out heavily. His face looks like he is hurt in someway. 

"I didn't know -"

"- I know it seems last minute, but I need to leave," I interrupt him, having to breathe in and out slowly. "Too many things have happened here and I need to go, for the sake of myself," I continue, breaking my gaze with him. 

"So you're just getting on a plane? By yourself?" he asks with concern. I glance at the clock beside the bed, knowing Justin will be here any minute. 

"No," I say simply. I tug my suitcase off of the dresser and begin to pull it beside of me. I brush past him but I am stopped by his forceful grip. 

"Who are you going with?" his voice is deep, almost in a growl. My breathing picks up slightly as he seems to pull me closer to him. 

"Who do you think?" unlike his, my voice is low and scared. His blue eyes darken and his jaw clenches roughly. He lets go of my arm and looks away from me. I take this opportunity and keep on walking. I take one last glance of this godforsaken hotel room before I open the door to leave. 

"Kels, wait," Lucas rushes into view, quickly making his way to me and I back away slowly. 

"Lucas, don't," I threaten and his shoulders slump. He nods slowly before backing himself away from me. 

"Be careful," he says. A feeling a relief comes over me and I look him into the eyes. 

"Thank you," I whisper with a small smile on my face. He nods one more time and I close the door to the hotel room. A heavy weight is being lifted off of my shoulders the farther away I get from the room. 

From taking the elevator and going through the lobby, I make my way outside and I see that it is a pretty gloomy day in the city. I spot the maroon Range Rover that Justin texted me about parked near the sidewalk and I go to it quickly. Suddenly, a man from the drivers seat comes over and greets me. 

"I'll take your things," he says curtly and I thank him silently. He goes to the back of the car and I grab the door handle, this is it. I open it and I almost jump to find Zander in the back seat. I look around to find Justin in the passenger seat.