Chapter 15 - 'Memories'

Chapter Fifteen

- Justin's POV -

"You taught her how to use a damn gun!" Zander was defiantly furious at me, but frankly I didn't care. The only thing that was on my mind was Delgotta and my debt.

"Justin, hello?" Zander snapped his fingers loud and clear, right in front of my face. I glared at him, clenching my jaw together.

"Watch it," I spat getting up from the chair I was sitting in. I placed my hands on my face feeling the stress taking over my body. I feel like I'm going fucking crazy.

"Have you told her?" I removed my hands from my face as he asked me the question. His blue eyes were piercing through my brown ones.

"Told her what?" I moved my head to the right, feeling slightly confused. I licked my lips waiting for a response.

"How ya' know, we're going after the sick bastard," the words came out of his mouth and his blue eyes were slowly turning gray. He obviously isn't stupid and knows what happened to Kellie, he has every right to want to kill him as much as I do.

"Fuck no," I said with aggression. I was not telling her any more than I have. She doesn't need to be dragged into another mess again.

Zander chuckled. "Figures," he simply said. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, making my way towards him. He raised his eyebrows at my movement.

"Hey, no need to get pissed," he put his hands in the air in defense. "It's just, she never knows anything, it's sad," he chewed on his top lip hard. I was utterly confused. He thinks it's better that she knows this shit? What's he been smoking lately?

"If you wanna tell her go right ahead big boy," I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. I slowly backed away from him and started tapping my foot.

"I'm not saying we should, I just said it's sad," Zander spoke with confidence. He always had more confidence than me, as teenagers, I looked up to him. I look back and I wish I had chosen to go away with him when he did.

- Flashback -

"I really don't like this Justin," Zander spoke quietly, in a hushed whisper.

"Stop acting like a pussy and grow up," the words tumbled out of my mouth.

"For fucks-sakes Justin, your fourteen, I'm fifteen, we shouldn't be doing what we're doing," he was still whispering. I felt like hitting him up the side of his head with a brick. This was nonsense. Why does he want to quit? We've worked to damn hard for this.

"So what are you leaving?" I asked him, honestly I kind of wanted him to stay. He was the only guy close to my age.