Chapter 27 - 'Lynn'

Chapter Twenty-Seven 

- Justin's POV - 

I cannot fucking believe her. How fucking dare she. Is she smoking crack? Why would she do this? I cannot help but feel a betrayal towards her. I have tried my best, for her. To become a better person, to stop doing the shit that I do, to make her feel safe, I did it all for her. And this is how I am re-payed? Everything I have known about her, is slowly crashing down. She is just like her. 

"Justin! We gotta go if this happening," I heard Zander's voice from the other side of the door. He pounded on the door two more times, before leaving. Come on Justin, get up. It took all I had, but I managed to do it. I grabbed my black hoodie, throwing it on quickly. I fixed my overgrown hair before leaving the hotel room to meet everyone else. 

"You okay?" Liam's voice sounded like a strangers. I had not seen him for months upon months and he shows up, looking better than ever. 

"Yeah, you've been acting strange lately," Anthony piped in, only to make me feel even angrier. I had not told anybody about Kellie and I's chat on the phone. Not even Zander. Although, if I do tell anyone, it will most likely be him. 

"I'm fucking fine," I pushed past all of them. I could not even think straight or about Delgotta, which was the damn plan. All I can think about is her. All of them followed closely behind of me, not saying a word. They knew something was wrong and they knew not to say anything. 

All four of us made our way to the back parking garage of the hotel. Liam and I hopped into front and passenger seat while Zander and Anthony sat in the back of the black Range Rover. 

"Everything back there?" Liam asked, turning on the SUV. The time read 3:23 A.M. I was tired and mentally exhausted, but I had to do this. 

"Yup, let's go," Zander said bluntly. I knew he did not want to be here but he felt he had to be. I have a major respect for him. He got out just in time. I should have listened to that fucker when he offered us to leave. Then again, I am a fuck up. A fuck up who has no idea how to listen to anyone except myself. 

When we pulled out of the back of the hotel, Liam drove in the opposite way of the city. Even this late, New York was always awake. It was bizarre to me. From the side mirrors, I saw the lights, shining brighter than ever. My mind once again, drifted back to Kellie. She was in there somewhere. With Lucas. Liam drove for about another thirty minutes, all in silence. There was a slight tension in the car and not just because of me either... It is like somebody knew something, or had a feeling that something was going to go bad. 

"We're almost there," Liam broke our silence. The road and location was all to familiar. It brought back bad memories. Ones that I was hoping to forget, for forever. He pulled over on the side of the road, tapping on the steering wheel. 

I heard a exhausted sigh come from the back. "Guys, I'm gonna say something," Anthony spoke up, catching all of our attention. "I think we all know how dangerous this is going to be, but whatever happens, we need to be there for each other.." he said slowly.