Chapter 37 - 'I Just Wanna Say You're Mine'

Chapter Thirty-Seven 

- Kellie's POV - 

My body shakes with a harsh jolt, my arms and legs moving all at once. I open my eyes, having to blink a couple of times for them to clear. The familiar sound of my ring tone fills my room and my eyes land on the object, the caller ID catching my eyes. I answer it without hesitation. 

"Kels?" Justin's voice is rushed but raspy. It kind of resembles a cold. I glance at the clock on my nightstand and my eyes bug out, because my 'forty five minute' nap turned into a three hour one. 

"Justin, hey," I say, now glancing down at my left ring finger. Every time I think about him, I cannot help but look at it. It's probably one of the most beautiful things ever. 

"Fuck," he curses under his breath. I frown at his word. "Where are you?" the way his voice breaks loose at the end makes me frown. 

"My house. Is there something wrong?" I clear my throat. He breathes in and out heavily. I can tell he is outside from the background noise. 

"C-can, I come? I-I just need to clear my head," he stutters over his words and I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Of course you can, what's wrong?" my voice slightly quivers even though I don't want it to do so. 

"I'll tell you when I get there," he breathes in again heavily. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes or so, I love you," he says all in one breath before the line goes silent. 

I put my phone down on my bed and get up, going over to grab a sweatshirt from my sudden chill bumps. Concern builds inside of me. The way he was talking worried me to death. He sounded like he needed ten hours of sleep, along with a hug. 

I decide to go downstairs and wait for him. I hear my mom shuffling in the kitchen. It smells of food and it makes my mouth water. 

"Mom," I say to get her attention, She turns around gracefully with a bowl full of ingredients. "What are you cooking?" I ask curiously. 

"I'm baking cookies," she smiles but it fades quickly. Something's wrong with her. I make my way over to one of the bar stools and sit down. She watches my every move. 

"Justin's coming over," I say and like it was natural, my right hand covers my left. Her eyes narrow at me but quickly relax. 

"Kellie, can you tell me something?" she puts down the bowl on the counter and I glance inside of it, seeing many chocolate chips inside of it. I then look back up to her and she has a serious look across her face. 

"What's wrong?" I swallow hardly from nervousness settling in my body. She places her hands on the counter, her fingers curling. 

"Is that an engagement ring?" her eyes doesn't leave my face as my own goes white. "Please, tell me the truth," she emphasizes her words and she sounds like she is in agony.