Chapter 4 - 'You Won't Win'

Chapter Four 

- Kellie's POV - 

 Two Days Earlier Narration

"Lucas?" I said meeting his blue eyes and shaggy hair.

"Hey," He slightly smiled with his hands in his pockets. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked feeling confused. 

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked scratching his head. You just asked me one. Not to be rude, but can you leave.

"Huh, yeah but can you make it quick, I actually need to find someone," I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. That sounded like someone was kidnapped and I was going to look for them. Idiot. "I mean, I just need to contact someone but I don't know where they are so-"

"-Who?" He raised and eyebrow, interrupting me. 

"Uhhh, no one." I said all to quickly. I knew he wasn't buying it, which just put me in deeper shit. I can't just tell him; "Oh, you know I'm just looking for my boyfriend, Justin Bieber. You know him?". He'll think I'm insane. 

"Uh huh, okay. Who is it? It's not like you're going to look for Justin Bieber," He started to laugh. "Come on...tell me," He was still laughing. My eyes went big and I started to panic. What the actual hell? I couldn't tell if he was joking or being serious. 

"Um," I started but couldn't make of any words. "What was that question again?" I asked bringing up the subject that he wanted to ask me. It's almost as if he's being a snoopy bastard. 

"You know what...never mind," He said backing away from me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Wait, what?" I asked feeling utterly confused. Lucas turned his back to me and walked to his car. "Lucas!" I said trying to get his attention as he got in his car. I tried to wave at him but before I knew it, he was gone. 

My mind flashed back to reality as my sleepy eyes awoke. What ever happened with Lucas, wasn't normal. Who drives to someone's house just to ask me a question...that I didn't even get. Have I told Justin? Sorta...maybe...not really.

Let's just say that the promise thing wasn't meant for me. I feel a little guilty for lying on something I suggested about not lying, but I need more answers. Like I've said before the closer to an answer I get, the more questions I come across. Do I really expect him to kept this promise? Not really, but you never know unless you try. 

"Kellie!" My mom's voice rang through the house. 

"Yeah?" I yelled back. 

"Someone's on the phone for you!" 

I groaned getting up from my bed. I hurried down the hallway into my moms room where she was folding clothes. She handed me the phone and I walked back to my room.