Chapter 34 - 'I Don't Know What to Say'

Chapter Thirty-Four

- Kellie's POV - 

"Whitley?" 

I am shocked and stunned into my place to say the least. I have no idea how long it has been since that day I talked to her, but I could recognize her voice in a crowded room. 

"Kellie?" she rushes. "Kellie, listen to me," she says urgently and my hand grips tighter around the phone as I am afraid I may drop it. 

"What's wrong?" I ask almost immediately and I hear her suck in a quick breath. I sit up on my bed and peek at my door. It is almost shut but I feel the need to keep my voice down. 

"Where are you?" her voice sounds impatient and it worries me. "Kellie?" she snaps and I answer quickly. 

"My house, in L.A.," my mouth feels dry suddenly and I become even more curious as to why she is calling me. How did she even get my number? 

"Kellie, he's coming, soon," my eyes bug out a little bit from her words. The way her voice shakes and how it is unsteady confirms it to me that she is not lying. 

"What?" I manage to get out of my dry mouth. "I don't underst -"

"- Kellie, please," she interrupts me. "He's mission isn't only Justin anymore, it's you too. And I'm scared for you and him," she pauses as she catches her breath. "I don't when he's coming, but I need you be strong and stay as safe as you can, please," the way her tone conveys depresses me. She sounds so beaten down emotionally. 

"I- uh," I stumble upon my words, not knowing what to say. "Why is he doing this?" my own voice starts to shake as I start to become tense myself. 

"When he wants something, he's hell bent to get it," she says and my eyes look outside of my window, trying to find some peace from the sun setting. "I think he wants this over as much you all do, but he wants to be the one to finish it," she explains and kind of makes sense to me. 

"I don't know what to say," my hands start to feel sweaty and my stomach feels as if it being turned upside down. 

"Kellie, please just be careful," she sounds like she is pleading with me. 

"Why do you care so much about me and him?" I ask referring to Justin. I hear her sigh into the phone and she then coughs awkwardly. 

"Because I don't want you two to end up like we did," her voice is draining with each word and she sounds so exhausted.

She obviously would not know the situation between Justin and I at the moment, but I found it so heartwarming that she did care. There is no way in hell I would want to end up like her and that prick. Honestly, her saying that, made the hope inside of me increase by one hundred. At least I know all the odds are not against us.