Chapter 45 - 'Goodbye'

Chapter Forty-Five

- Kellie's POV - 

Justin's hands touch the small of my back gently, his two fingers grabbing onto the zipper of my dress. As he zips up the thick material, I normally would have been shaken up by his touch, but I have no time to be thinking about that. Once he is finished, he rests his hands on my waist as he leans in and places a kiss into my hair. 

I stay unresponsive for now and soon, his hands fall from me and I feel his presence leave the room. My feet pad over towards the bathroom and I meet my reflection immediately. On the outside, I look like I'm fine but on the inside, I was having a breakdown. I take in a deep breath, trying not to cry. 

I observe myself in the mirror. The black dress hangs clad to my body, stopping right above my knees. I fix the straps, putting them in the right position. I put my simple black earrings in, feeling satisfied with them. 

I leave the bathroom and search for my shoes. I hear Justin down the hallway, probably struggling with his tie. I find the black heels - ones that I had to dig around in my closet for two hours for, and slip them on. I've never liked heels, but for this situation, I don't think flip flops are acceptable. I internally groan because I know how bad my feet are going to be hurting later. 

I walk out of the room and slowly creep down the hallway. The clicking of my heels give me away before I can reach the kitchen. Justin is staring aimlessly outside and surprisingly, his tie is done right. All of his tattoos are covered up thankfully, but he still has to put on his jacket. 

Almost one cue, I spot the blazer-like black jacket. I pick it up carefully, not wanting to wrinkle it and carry it over to him. His brown eyes turn to me, worry filled in them. 

"Here," I say quietly, my hand extended with the jacket. He grabs it, not taking his eyes off of me, slipping it around his shoulders and into his arms. I straighten out the front for him, buttoning one of the bottom buttons together. 

He takes in a deep breath, "Are you ready?" he asks and for some reason, this makes some of my inner emotions come out. 

I let the stray tear fall, looking away from him, "I don't know," my voice betrays me by cracking in the middle of my sentence. I pat my face to dry the wetness slightly. 

"It's going to be okay," his voice sounds distant, as if this is effecting him as well. Suddenly, he pulls me to his chest, wrapping both of his arms around me tightly. 

"I miss him," I manage to croak out into his chest. A few more tears fall and I wonder if I should go or not, but I know that would be disrespecting him. Justin's hands caress up and down my back which soothes me some, but I still feel so much sadness. 

"It's okay," he says into my ear quietly. I hold onto him just as tight but soon pull away as I feel his body shift in my arms. "We're going to be late," he says, his eyes close to mine. From my heels, I'm exactly his height now. I begin to nod slowly, taking in another deep breath.