Chapter 3 - 'I'm Sorry'

Chapter Three 

- Kellie's POV - 

Pulling the sheets closer to my naked body I leaned into Justin. I heard his heart beat in his chest and it soothing me to almost fall asleep. I looked up at him, who was staring at the ceiling, his face sticky with sweat. 

"Justin," I said getting his attention. He met eye contact with and he looked...lost? I ran my hand up and down his bare chest. "Are you okay?" 

He nodded slowly. "Yeah I'm fine," He finally spoke kissing my forehead. I brought my hand up to his hair and brushed through it. We could read each other like books and I'm not buying it.

"I know when you're not okay, and you're defiantly not okay," I said admiring the tattoos on his chest.

"I'm fucking fine okay?!" He snapped getting up from the bed. He pulled on a grey pair of sweatpants not bothering to put on underwear. 

"Justin." I said raising up keeping the sheet close to my chest. 

"No - don't Justin me. I'm tired of people treating me like a fucking baby!" His voice raised more each word. I hadn't seen him like this in weeks. What the hell is going on that I don't know about? He turned around with his back facing me. 

"I'm not! I'm just trying to help you..." I said sitting on my knees. Reaching over I grabbed the button down hanging from the corner of the bed. 

"I don't need any help!" He yelled turning around. "Especially from you," He muttered under breath. My mouth parted slightly. 

"Excuse me?" I spat feeling appalled. 

"You heard me," He said not even bothering to look me in the eyes. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bathroom feeling the tears come to my eyes. I quickly fought them as I shut the door. I took a couple deep breaths before I turned on the shower. Taking off the shirt I stepped in feeling the hot water rush over my skin. I closed my eyes and savored the moment. I turned around slowly and jumped. 

"Don't scare me like that," I said to Justin who was now in the shower. How did he even get in here? I sure in hell didn't hear him come in.  

"I'm sorry," He said in a sad tone. 

"No it's-"

"-Not about that," He stopped me. "About what I said. It was wrong of me, and I don't know what came over me," He stepped closer to me backing me against the wall. The cold tile sent chills through my body. 

"It's fine, I know you didn't mean it," I said placing my hands on his face. He licked his lips and closed his eyes briefly. 

"It's not okay," His voice covered in sorrow. 

"You need to stop beating yourself down," I said kissing him on the side of his mouth and then on his lips. He groaned when I pulled away.