Chapter 42 - 'Going Out With a Bang'

Chapter Forty-Two

- Kellie's POV -

I reach over, grabbing Justin's hand with a strong grip. He glances down at our hands before looking to me. Our eyes lock for a few moments before he pulls me more towards him.

"Are you okay?" he asks into my ear, his other hand beginning to caress my cheek calmly.

"I don't know," I answer with a shaky voice. His eyes search mine briefly before he leans into the crook of my neck, his hot breath fanning over the area as he speaks.

"It's going to be okay," he says, his lips touching my earlobe for a split second. I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath, I wrap my free arm around his neck pulling him closer to me.

"I'm scared," I say and I feel his body shift then stiffen up.

"Don't be scared," he says pulling away from me neck and looking at me, "Everyone is going to fine, I'm going to be fine," he keeps his voice low and reassuring.

I take in another deep breath, trying to hold back the tears that are forming in the corners of my eyes, "Be careful," I say still holding him close to me.

"I will," he nods with a small smile, "And don't forget, I'm coming back for you," he says, our noses rubbing together, "I promise you that."

I feel some of my nerves relieve slightly, "I love you," the words roll off of my tongue and I couldn't mean them anymore than now.

"I love you too," he says quickly, leaning in he pecks me lips, "Don't worry about anything," he places his lips on mine again and I lean into him, savoring each second.

As time goes by, he pulls me fully onto his lap without breaking our kiss once. From the way he reacts and treats me, I can tell he means his words one hundred percent. I tug on his hair, not wanting to let go, but I know he has to do this.

"Justin," someone says and we jump apart slightly. We both look to our right and see Elijah. He has a serious yet amused look on his face. "We need to leave if we're going to do this right," he says and I immediately feel my nerves kick in again.

"Okay, just give me a second," Justin nods once and Elijah agrees, turning on his heel, he leaves us alone again. His brown eyes look back to me and they make me go weak. "You better be here when I come back," he slightly smirks.

"You know I will," I return a small smile, chewing on my lip slightly. He suddenly sighs deeply and cocks his head to the right, looking up and down my face.

"I'd better get going," his tone has changed; it now seem slightly darker. I nod slowly, feeling my chest tighten up. I scoot off of him, still holding onto his hand. "I love you," he says again standing up, our hands unfortunately breaking.