Chapter 36 - 'No Repeats of Last Time'

Chapter Thirty-Six 

- Justin's POV - 

The bathroom is steamy and the mirror is fogged up too thick. I take my right hand and wipe away the water condensation, my reflection coming to me more clear. I ruffle my wet hair, staring into my reflection deeply. 

The air is still hot and for some reason, it makes my mind begin to think about everything. From Kellie to Lynn to Zander to Delgotta to myself. I cannot shake them out of my head. When I think about Delgotta, all that comes across my head is anger and aggression. 

To this day, I still cannot believe that I have let one person absolutely ruin my life and let one other person become the best thing that's ever happened to me. In my reflection, all I see is myself broken, being held together by that one other person; Kellie. 

My thoughts are interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I quickly throw on a shirt and exit my bathroom, running over to the noise.

"Hello?" I say quickly as I pick up my shattered iPhone. Of course, me being me, I didn't bother looking at the damn caller ID. 

"Justin, hey," I swallow hard from a shock and nervousness. Her voice sounds so different on the phone. Speaking of thinking about her. 

"Lynn," my tone is quite puzzled. "What's up?" I ask her, not really sure how she got my number. Also, why is she calling me? 

"Um, nothing much. I just wanted to see how you were doing," her voice is kind and sincere, but I am still confused. 

"Oh," I pause. "Thanks, I'm good, what about you?" my foot taps on the floor at a rapid pace. When I told her I was leaving, she agreed that it would be best for me, but I could tell that she was hesitant and wanted me to stay.

"I'm good, still in New York," she laughs slightly. "Did you think about what I told you?" she sounds suddenly serious and content. 

I wait a few moments to answer her. "Yeah, I did," my free hand rubs my temples, my head slightly aching. I hear her breathe in and out heavily. 

"I didn't want to seem like a bitch and, I don't know, I just felt kind of bad afterwards," she says all in one sentence. I furrow my eyebrows even though she obviously cannot see me. 

"You're not a bitch Lynn," I tell her honestly. "I actually think I needed those words," I smile into my phone slightly. I think back to my stupid drunken state at the hotel room. When I sobered up, it hit me how much I appreciated her stubbornness. 

"Oh," she says simply. "Well good...I think," she giggles lowly. I debate whether or not I should end the call, because frankly, this feels awkward as hell. 

"Lynn, um, can I call you back later? I'm a little busy," I cough awkwardly. I picture her frowning slightly, but understanding the situation.