Chapter 12 - 'I Don't Care...Or Do I?'

Chapter Twelve 

- Kellie's POV -

To be honest, I don't care. 

About Lucas.

About Delgotta.

About him

I do not care. No one can change my mind about that. I hope that one day I will find people who make me genuinely happy. People like Zander and my mom. There needs to be more people like them in this world. 

Throwing my hair up in to a high ponytail, I noticed in the mirror how horrible I looked. Bags under my eyes the size of quarters, my skin was flushed, my face was sticky from the humidity, and to top all of that my hair looked deader than ever. 

Turning my attention from the mirror I noticed my phone lighting up and buzzing around on the table slightly. I picked up my feet slowly barely making to the phone in time. I picked it up and hit the green answer button then putting it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I asked feeling exhausted. I just now noticed I never looked at the caller ID. 

"Kellie?" I heard the familiar voice of Zander. 

"Yeah," I said while yawning in the process. I started to rub my temple trying to make me feel somewhat better. 

"We have a slight problem," His voice was timid but rushed. I felt confused as to why he was telling me this.

"Okay?" I paused for a moment. "What's the problem?"

He sighed as if he was hesitating to tell me. "Justin is missing," His voice was now low. I rolled my eyes and sat down on my bed crossing my legs. 

"Why the hell are you telling me this?" I said getting annoyed. Like I said, I don't care. 

"You know why Kellie, don't play dumb right now," He sharpened his tone quickly, making me turn down my attitude. 

"I don't care," I made my statement loud and clear. 

"That's a lie, you do care, you just don't want  to admit it," I bit my lip as he spoke, feeling myself get nervous for no reason. 

"I'm not lying," I spat at him now willing to hang up the phone. 

"Bullshit," He paused briefly. "Just try to find out where he is," And with that being said, the line was disconnected. I sat down my phone again thinking about what he said. How the hell could I find out where he is if no one else can? 

I felt myself getting a headache so I just stopped for a few moments.