Chapter 26 - 'Respect'

Chapter Twenty-Six 

- Lucas's POV - 

I watched Kellie as she left the room, slamming the door behind of her. I have to admit, everything she said, hurt me. I did it for her, I did it to make her happy, and she spit it all back into my face. Like it was all my fault. Yes, it was wrong to have sex with someone in a relationship, but she wanted it. I do not even know if you can call what they have a 'relationship'. 

I slowly started to get angrier the more I thought about her. It made me wonder why she let it happen, especially if she 'loved' Justin so much. Clearly something is not right between them. Whether it is arguing, lying, or neglect... it is not okay. 

"God dammit," I muttered, standing up from the couch I made my way over to the small kitchen we shared. I looked through the cabinets and finally found what I was looking for. I grabbed the bottle of vodka and a small glass, pouring a small amount in. I downed three gulps within thirty seconds. It burned the back of my throat, but it felt good. 

It was almost as if every time I downed another gulp, it was like Kellie. The thought of her was burned into my head and I felt like I should regret her, but I don't, at all. 

- Kellie's POV - 

I tried my best to wipe the tears that came flowing down, but they were just coming too fast. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I felt guilty and regretful, but at the same time, I don't. Will Lucas tell Justin? If he were to do that, there is no way I could live with myself. I would still be mortified if I had to tell him myself, but better than a sworn enemy doing so. 

I began to ask myself, why? Why did I let it happen? Why could I not emotionally stop? And why did I not mind it? I tried puzzling the pieces together, but it was happening to slowly. I was neglected, I felt tired of being put in the dark, I was tired of being unhappy with my life as to what it is. Did Lucas bring me comfort and happiness? Yes, for a short amount of time. I am so confused... 

Feeling like there was no where to run, I dug into my pocket, grabbing my phone. I unlocked the screen with ease and went to my contacts, hesitating to hit the call icon. Giving in, I tapped it and brought it to my ear, waiting impatiently for him to answer. After a fourth ring, I heard breathing on the other line. 

"Hey," I said, hugging myself slightly. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Justin growled through the phone, making me jump. My eyes widened, hoping to God Lucas has kept his damn mouth shut. Especially after I pissed him off like that. 

"Um, what?" I tried my best to stay calm and collective, not needing him to explode on the phone. 

"Why the fuck did Lucas answer your goddamn phone last night?" His words made me shocked and confused. 

"What are you talking about?" Talking to him, already felt different. Just knowing what I did and trying to play it off like nothing happened, created knots in my stomach.