Chapter 18 - 'The Deal Was Yours'

Chapter Eighteen 

- Kellie's POV - 

My body was froze in the courtroom. I had no idea to comprehend what was happening. Delgotta? What the hell was Justin doing with him? Surely he did not use his one and only phone call on him. I looked over at Zander, who looked just as confused as I was feeling. Behind him, I noticed Lucas. His face was turning a slight red color and his jaw was clenched. I'm sure he is pissed at how fast Justin got out, but he looked angry about something else, like it was eating him up inside. 

I could feel Justin's eyes on me, but I didn't look his way. I turned back to Zander who was now staring back at me. 

"We should get going," his voice was stern. His adams-apple moved as he swallowed harshly. I nodded slowly and started to stand up. Before we left, I looked back to find Justin gone. The whole courthouse was buzzing in chatter and commotion. Once we made it outside, the paparazzi had gotten worse. The sun also seemed to be bigger and brighter. We managed to get by all of them and finally made it to Zander's car. We sat there silent for about five minutes. 

"How is Justin going to get home?" I asked looking down at my fiddling hands. I had no idea why I had this nervous feeling in my body. A bad feeling was settling in the bottom of my stomach, making my nausea to begin with, worse. 

"I think an officer takes him home," he started his car, pulling out of the parking lot. 

"We're going then too," I grabbed the bottle of water in the cup holder and took a small sip, hoping it would help my stomach. 

"What?" Zander was keeping his eyes on the busy road. 

"We're going to Justin's," I stated not wanting to be denied.

"Kellie I really don't think - "

" - Zander," I interrupted him, making him jump in his seat. "We're going there whether you want to or not. Go." 

He turned his head to me at the red light. I knew that mentally, Zander was rolling his eyes at me. I could also tell that he was slightly annoyed by me, but hell, I do not care right now. "Fine. But don't whine if he acts like bitch."

I smiled a bit. "Trust me, I'm used to it by now."

The rest of the way to Calabasas, was silent. The radio played softly, but that was it. I felt my legs shaking as we entered the luxuriant neighborhood. I was praying that he was already here because we didn't have any keys. Zander pulled into the large concrete driveway and waited a moment to turn the car off. I tried looking into any windows to see a light, and thankfully, I did. 

"I think he's here," I unbuckled my seat belt. Once again, Zander didn't respond. I slammed his car door hoping he would snap out of this 'attitude'. He said that Justin is going to be a bitch, but here is he, acting like one himself. I walked up to the front door, not bothering to knock. The door opened easily.