Chapter 13 - 'Brody'

Chapter Thirteen 

- Delgotta's POV -

"Dammit, I want the fucker dead," I scowled to myself. He's going to drive me crazy, or maybe... he already has. I pulled the cigarette from my mouth and exhaled. I knew someday, just one day, he'll be six feet under. 

"Sir, Whitley is here," I looked up at Charlie (one of my favorites) and gave him a slightly pleasant smile. I put out the cigarette and popped a few mints into my mouth. I got up from the desk and straightened my suit jacket to where it would lay perfectly. I walked down the long corridor and saw my ex-wife and Brody, my son

"Hello, Tom," I nodded to her and immediately set eyes on Brody. His eyes were bright blue, just like Whitley's, but everything else, he looked like me. 

"Hey bud," I smiled as I picked him up. His giggle filled the room, which only made me grin harder. 

"So, how are you?" I looked over to the person I once loved. Her long blond hair was up in a casual bun and she was wearing minimal makeup. 

"I'm fine, and you?" I asked setting down Brody so he could go play somewhere. She looked at me with a hidden smile, but there was also a glare in her eyes. 

"I know you Tom, you looked stressed out, like you haven't had enough sleep in weeks. Although the suit would've fooled me if I didn't know you... as for me? Nothing really, I'm just trying to provide for him that's all," She shrugged her shoulders and looked at our son. 

I licked my lips and started to remember everything that went wrong between us. First it was arguing about what I did, how I provided, then it was finding out that we were having a baby... that was the last straw for her, she filed for divorce and took custody of Brody. Sometimes it's like a nightmare that I keep reliving when I'm around her. 

"Whit," Her gaze shot over to me. I just realized I hadn't called her that in a couple of years. "When are we going to start to get along? Brody is going to get older and what are we going to tell him?" 

"That his father is a psychopath and his mother was just trying to get away from him," She spoke, with that same smart ass mouth of hers. I held back a glare, processing her words. 

From when I've had encounters with Kellie, I can see the similarities between her and Whitley. They're smart (although they have no common sense), stupid for getting involved in everything, and they both have taken away people special in my life. 

"You know maybe, we could get along if you weren't so screwed up in the head," She started to sound as if she was annoyed. 

"I'm not screwed up in the damn head Whitley," I had to bite my tongue to avoid saying something really stupid. 

"Tom..." She glared at me with blazing eyes. "Language. And yes you are screwed up in the head, and it makes me infuriated because no one can help you or save you," I could tell she was now struggling to stay in her seat.