Chapter 14 - 'Shoot'

Chapter Fourteen 

- Kellie's POV -

"I can't believe you're getting me to do this," From he corner of my eye I saw Justin scowl. I watched him being hesitant on his every move. I started to fidget with the sleeves of my jacket, getting impatient. Justin's eyes we're fixated among the table of guns and bullets. As he grabbed the first gun and loaded it, and motioned me to come over. 

"First things first, be careful," He said as he handed me the gun. He stood close; behind me. I felt his arms take mine with his. He raised the gun parallel to my chest. The ear buds in my ears we're starting to hurt. 

"Watch the targets, and don't blink. As much as you want to, do not blink," Justin said into my ear, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I nodded putting my finger on the trigger. My eyes roamed until I found the target I wanted. It was close, but still a good distance. 

I took a deep breath. "One, two, three," My finger pulled the trigger and the recoil was strong. Justin was off my back and I had to have been a foot from where we once stood. My heart was beating fast, a rush that was exhilarating through my veins. 

I slight smile spread across my face. "Oh my god," I said, almost laughing. I just shot a gun. I turned my body to find Justin shocked, but amused. 

"That was kind of hot," He said blatantly. I glared at him and he chuckled to himself. I put the gun back down on the table, scared that it was going to go off somehow. I put my hand on my chest, feeling my heart rate slowly declining. 

"That's insane," I watched as Justin made his way towards me. I looked up at him and he leaned down to my ear. 

"Do it again," He whispered. He was doing something, trying to get words out of me. I knew it. I took another deep breath as he walked away. I bit my lip, chewing on it as I picked up the gun again. This time he didn't stand behind me, he watched from about five feet away. 

I brought the gun up to chest again, placing my index finger on the trigger. 

'Just like last time. Do the same thing," My brain was telling me. I counted from three to one. But suddenly, I stopped. I need to do what I came here to do. 

- Earlier that Day - 

"Are you being serious?" Justin was practically laughing his ass off at me. I crossed my arms over my chest in annoyance. 

"Yes! I want to know how to shoot a gun!" I yelled, trying to ignore the fact that he was still laughing. "And I want you to teach me," I lowered my voice. This is the only way I can get some shit out of him. 

"Why?" He asked finally calming himself. He licked his lips as if he was amused to hear my answer.