Chapter 43 - 'Gone'

Chapter Forty-Three

- Kellie's POV -

I awake with a sharp jolt, my eyes opening quickly, my heartbeat becoming faster. The loud ringing of my phone invades my ears and I look and feel around for it quickly. I find it buried under a pillow and my eyes furrow at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask, clearing my throat, "Lucas?" all I hear on the line is quite heavy breathing, almost sounding panicked.

"Kellie!" I jump slightly at the sudden loudness in my ear. I hear heavy breathing and abruptly, I hear someone yelling in the background.

"Lucas, what's going on?" I ask quickly, getting panicked myself. I sit up on the bed, hugging a pillow to myself, trying to calm my heart rate.

"Kels, come to the hospital," he sucks in a breath which makes me think he is hurt.

"What's going on? Where's Justin-"

"Kellie, just come, it's urgent," he interjects me quickly. His tone is rushed and uneven. Something is wrong and I am now terrified.

"Which hospital?" I ask, knowing that they're are too many to guess which one they are at.

"Ceders-Sinai," he answers simply and I internally curse. It's a freaking hour away from Calabasas.

"Okay," I say hesitantly, "I'll be there as soon as possible," I add quickly before I end the phone call.

I scramble out of the bed and find a one of Justin's jackets to put on. I slip on my shoes faster than I ever have and I dart down the hallway. I grab my keys and I hurry to get outside to my car. I start up the engine and I look at the time; 1:47 A.M. Holy shit, I had no idea they would have been gone that long and that I would have fully passed out considering how nervous I was.

I only hope that this hour drive goes quick. I refuse to speed though and potentially get a ticket, or worse, an accident that can kill me. My hands are slightly shaking on the wheel and I have to force myself to keep my eyes open, but it soon becomes easy because of all the nervous adrenaline running through me.

Thankfully, a lot of people aren't on the roads at this hour, so it has speeded up the ride a little bit.

Now, all I can do is wait and pray that Justin is okay.

*

I slam my car door, locking it quickly, I start to jog towards the main entrance of the large hospital. When I get inside, everything is lit up and going as usual, but obviously, there isn't a lot of people in the lobby area.

I dig my phone from the large sweatshirt pocket and I sit down at one of the brown seats, going to Lucas's number. He picks up on the second ring.