Chapter 23 - 'Pizza Bonding'

Chapter Twenty Three 

LATE UPDATE - SUPER SORRY, but enjoy the chapter! 

- Kellie's POV - 

Last time I was in New York, it was not a good experience to say the least. That was when I first started to see a side of Justin I did not like, at all. He was mean, aggressive, and moody. I hated it. 

"God dammit, how much longer," I felt Lucas shift beside of me, getting impatient. We both sat in the back of a yellow taxi. I hated having to be this close to him. I wanted to claw his eyes out but that would not be very lady like of me. I had no idea where we were going, so this also made me impatient and anxious. 

The sun was setting, making it hard to see due to the glare, but New York was still beautiful as always. I started to put my head down, but then Lucas started to speak. 

"We're here," I looked over at Lucas and then out the window. My stomach dropped. It was the same hotel Justin and I stayed at the last time we were here. I am just praying to god that he is not here this time around. 

I stepped out of the cab, going to the already opened trunk. I pulled out my bag and watched Lucas pay the foreign man. I closed the cab trunk an hurried my way over to the sidewalk. I did not bother on waiting for Lucas. I could not care less about him. I walked into the not-so-busy lobby of the huge hotel, going to the counter of employees. 

"Hello miss, welcome to the Four Seasons New York, how may I assist you?" A woman greeted me in I think the happiest voice I have heard all day. She looked like she was about in her thirties. 

"Um, yes, I have a reservation under Lucas Shannon I believe," I laid my arms on the desk, feeling exhausted. 

"There you are," I jumped at Lucas's voice in my ear. "What the hell are you doing?" His voice needed to be lower. He was drawing unwanted attention to us. The desk lady looked uncomfortable as she went through her computer. 

I breathed out, trying to blow off the steam that was building up inside of me. "I was checking us in," I said trying my best not to raise my voice. 

"I never said you could do that," he was practically growling in my ear. I was actually happy we were here in New York where Justin was. Maybe he could kick his ass again. 

I turned my head up to him, looking him straight in the eyes. "I don't need permission, especially from pricks like you," I looked back at the lady, who had an emotionless look to her face. She snapped out of it and handed me two key cards. 

"Room thirteen on the sixth floor, thank you," she gave me an awkward smile. I returned one and grabbed my things, once again, not bothering to wait on Lucas. I pushed the button for the elevator and it was already waiting here. I stepped in, hearing Lucas not far behind of me. Once the elevator closed, tension rose in the small space. 

"Okay listen," I glanced over at him. His arms were crossed as he leaned against the wall. What a douche.