Chapter 31 - 'Pushed Away'

Chapter Thirty One

- Justin's POV - 

Two Years Ago Narration 

I was dead inside. Empty. Confused. Lonely. Nothing has been the same since... the incident. My life has changed for better and for worse. She was my everything and she was gone. Forever. I cannot help but carry the burden of thinking it was all my fault. It could have been prevented... but it happened. 

"Justin," I lifted my head, turning my attention to the woman clad in black. Charlotte. I guess you could call her my therapist. She has been with me now ever since it all happened. Honestly, I feel like she has just been a waste of time and money. I do not need a goddamn therapist to tell me what I am feeling. 

"Hm," I raised my eyebrows at her, chewing on my bottom lip. Being in here sickened me. 

"Are you ready to talk?" No. I do not want to talk about my problems to you for another fucking day. I shrugged my shoulders in response, hoping she would get the hint. 

"Justin, if you talk to me, it will make you better," she said kind heartedly, but I knew on the inside she was cringing. 

"I've been talking for months and nothing has changed," I said through my gritted teeth. My fists tightened to balls in front of me. She closed her eyes for a moment, before they opened to meet mine. 

"I know you are only seventeen and you may think that this is pointless, but I promise you, it's doing more good than bad," her eyes were locked onto mine, making me feel uncomfortable. I glanced away, my jaw clenching in frustration. 

"It's done nothing," I grunted. "You can't fucking help me." I leaned back in the seat further, seeing a look of her own frustration go across her eyes. 

"As hard as this may seem, I can see you getting through this," she was a mother. She knew how to talk to me and somehow keep me calm. As little as that may come off, it really does. 

"I just want this all to fucking end," I put my head down, holding it in my hands. My life has came crashing down and I am unable to get back up. No matter how much I try, it all comes back, bringing me down with it. 

"It doesn't work that easy," the honestly was covering every word. Fuck. Why is she always right? 

"Then fucking hell, I guess I'm stuck like this," I had to breathe in and out deeply to keep my temper down. 

"Justin, look at me," she said. My head lifted itself up, looking back to her. "It will end, when it will end," she said slowly and calmly, as if she was trying to get it through my hard ass skull. 

"No, it won't stop lying to me," my voice raised, brown eyes appearing behind my lids every time I closed my eyes.