The Bond

Today was the day, they were getting a new Raptor, well it would be hatching at some point during the day. The only thing that sucked was that they had almost no idea when it would hatch and if (Y/N) was going to be the one to train it, she needed to be the first person that the creature saw. So they had to spend the whole day at the lab, and there was absolutely nothing to do there except wait and watch. (Y/N) was spinning in slow circles on a chair, the ones that every little kid made themselves dizzy on, and Owen was standing in a corner with his arms crossed, whenever he was around people that was his go-to position.
    “Did you really have to do this with all the Raptors?” (Y/N) asked hanging over the back of the chair looking at him bored out of her mind.
    “Yep, 4 different times, 4 different batches, 1 from each. You, however, stayed home and slept,” Owen replied.
    “Oh come on, I was 10 and sick I wasn’t allowed to come in the lab,” (Y/N) said sitting up quickly and sitting backward on the chair to stay facing home without moving the chair.
    “I know, I just like messing with you,” Owen replied with a cheeky grin.
    She just shook her head laughing slightly, Owen left the room to go talk to Claire who wanted to talk to him about the Raptors, and since she never really got the chance to talk to him, mostly because he didn’t wanna talk to her, she was taking the chance to now. (Y/N) crossed her hands over the top of the chair, still sitting backward, and rested her head on them. She just stared at the plain off-white egg. She tilted back on the chair before speaking.
“Come on, when are you gonna hatch?” (Y/N) asked, she wasn’t good with being patient when there was nothing to do in a boring place, she had already bugged all the scientists so much that they refused to come near her.
Just as she said that a crack began to appear in the shell, a small crack but it was there. For a moment (Y/N) froze, she was very unsure of what to do at this point but after she composed herself slightly she got up and walked over to the egg. She knew that she should probably tell someone but everyone was tired of her bugging them so she opted to stay quiet. Then another crack, and another, and another, they just kept appearing. Then part of the shell fell off and there was a brilliant amber eye staring at her. The two of them made eye contact and neither could look away for a few moments then a small claw smashed through the egg triggering multiple cracks to spread. Then another claw made its way through the hard shell causing the same effect to be repeated. Eventually, the whole egg fell apart revealing the small creature inside. It was mostly gray and dark gray but there was a strip of white from the tip of her nose, running down her back and finally ending a the tiny tip of her tail. Blue’s blue stripes went on her sides but this went on top of the spine.
    “Hey there little girl,” (Y/N) whispered and she ran one finger along the top of its head and neck.
    It looked at her and twisted its head back and forth before chirping happily at her. (Y/N) smiled with a small laugh the watched as the little animal began to try and stand. After a few failures, she finally got it and stood tall, happy, and proud and then looked at (Y/N) as if waiting for approval. Once it was happy with the look on (Y/N) face she sat back down.
    “Well, aren’t you two cute?” Owen asked from behind them.
    (Y/N) turned to see him standing close to the door.
    “How long have you been standing there?” (Y/N) asked.
    “Since the egg fell apart. What are you going to name her?” Owen asked as he walked over to them.
    (Y/N) stayed silent for a while, she hadn’t thought about that yet.
    “Eclipse,” (Y/N) finally replied, still having her eyes trained on the small animal.

A/N: The name for the Raptor was suggested by ImDifferentToYou and I will be taking requests for this story which I am planning on taking at least through Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom!