Trust Is Easily Broken

Owen grabbed her by the arm and took her away from everyone else, he didn’t say anything the whole time he was leading her away which was what had clued her in on the fact that he was pissed and struggling to keep it under control. By the time he finally stopped they were far enough away that no one would be able to hear a thing. (Y/N) kept her head down, she knew it was best not to fight him when he was mad.
    Finally, he let go of her and turned quickly to face her, “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!”
    He didn’t give her a chance to reply before continuing, “Were you even thinking?! They could’ve killed you!!”
    “I couldn’t just let them kill him,” (Y/N) replied shyly.
    “That doesn’t mean you had to run into a cage filled with killer dinosaurs!! You’re smarter than that! What would you have done if they hadn’t listened to you?” Owen continued finally calming down a little bit, something still made her keep her head down.
    He had never been this mad at her before and it was starting to scare her. She just shrugged her shoulders, afraid to say anything, afraid to say the wrong thing. Turns out not saying anything was the wrong thing.
    “This is the problem! You don’t think! You just rush into the things you need to think about! You’re gonna get yourself killed, and I’m not always going to be there to help you!” Owen shouted before turning away from her to try and regain some control.
    “You’re not always there to help me anyway,” (Y/N) said shyly.
    “What?” His tone was harsh and she immediately regretted saying anything in the first place.
    “Nevermind,” (Y/N) said quietly and nervous as she started to walk away, still keeping her head down.
    “Don’t walk away from me!” Owen scolded.
    Right as he said that he grabbed her left wrist and pulled her backward, the ground where they were was very uneven and lost her balance and she fell, he let go of her wrist when she lost her balance and it broke her fall. With how hard he had pulled her wrist and the fact that it also broke her fall there was an unnatural snap from it when she hit the ground. It all happened in a few seconds. Something changed in those few seconds. For the first time in her life, she was scared of her dad. She barely hit the ground before she moved quickly away from him, cradling her wrist in her other hand. She looked up at him with pure fear in her eyes, he was still pissed and just stared back at her. She slowly stood up and waited to see what he was going to do or say next when he didn’t do anything, which was surprisingly scarier than him yelling, she ran. And she kept running until she felt that she was a safe distance away from the Raptor paddock. Eclipse watched her run and could sense her fear.
    Owen went back to work, he was too upset to realize what he had done. It was about a half-hour later, everyone stayed a safe distance from him, Owen was a scary man even when he wasn’t mad. It was only when Eclipse kept following him underneath the catwalk, growling at him that his head finally cleared up. The thing with Owen is that when he gets mad his brain doesn’t really register anything he did until he calms down afterward. As soon as everything clicked in his mind he realized what he had done.
    “Shit,” He whispered, “Barry!”
    Owen’s shout made Barry jump slightly, he was expecting to be scolded but went to him anyway.
    “Where did (Y/N) go?” Owen asked in a rush, already going down the stairs.
“Uh, I think she was going home, something seemed wrong with her wrist,” Barry answered.
“Okay, I might not be back,” Owen said hurriedly leaving Barry behind and beginning his drive home.
By this time (Y/N) had gotten home, had snapped her wrist back into place like she had been taught (in case of emergency), and put her wrist brace on that she had gotten the last time she messed up her wrist. She heard a vehicle pull up outside the house and prayed that it wasn’t Owen. It wasn’t. Instead, it was a nice, clean vehicle, out of which came Claire Dearing, (Y/N)’s least favorite person next to Hoskins.
“Where’s your Dad?” Claire asked.
“Don’t know, don’t care,” (Y/N) said in a completely uncaring tone.
“Are you okay?”
“Just peachy,” (Y/N) said flipping Claire off as she went by.
“Where are you going?”
(Y/N) didn’t answer her, she just kept walking.
A/N: So I type story updates during school with spare time and I only have 3 days left and those are final test days so I might not be updating as much but I will still try to update as much as I can! Please stick with me! Thank you guys for so many reads already!