Bring It On

(Y/N) saw confusion and fear flood into the eyes of her potential teammates. Seconds later, Eclipse was at her side. 

"This is Eclipse. If you wanna be part of this team, you'll have to learn to work with her. But, a fair word of warning, if you fuck up and she gets hurt, she'll be the least of your worries," (Y/N) introduced, a mischievous grin coming to her face.

The five people in front of her simply stared, unsure of what to do or say, they knew about Eclipse but they weren't expecting to meet her on these terms. 

"I'll take your silence to mean you have no questions, or, most likely, you just can't think straight. Eclipse has that effect on people, don't you girl?" (Y/N) smiled.

They continued to stare at her in disbelief, she seemed so uncaring towards them yet treated Eclipse like an antique porcelain doll. Like a daughter.

Finally, (Y/N) returned her attention to the five of them and the smile dropped off her face, "Go ahead Eclipse."

At (Y/N)'s signal, Eclipse left her side to examine the new people in her own way. She went to Sadie first, most likely smelling the faded scent of gunpowder on her, a smell she associated with danger when it wasn't (Y/N) or Owen with the scent. Sadie retained her relaxed but confident posture as Eclipse slowly circled her, eyeing her closely and sniffing at regular intervals. She went to Alex next, he seemed to remain calm but (Y/N) could see the worry in his eyes. 

"They're doing better than I thought. So far," (Y/N) thought as Eclipse moved on to Layla.

Eclipse didn't spend too much time on her before moving on to Eli. She spent a little more time on him but eventually raised her nose in the air, sniffing before turning around slowly and walking a bit ominously to Colt. The poor guy looked like he was about to piss his pants when Eclipse stood in front of him, raising her head and body to be taller than him. After a couple of seconds, fascination filled his eyes, clearly, he hadn't been this close to a dinosaur before. Eclipse slowly turned away from him and went back to (Y/N)'s side. 

After a couple of seconds (Y/N) spoke again, "Well, that was boring."

They all looked at her like she had lost her mind. 

"Oh well, onto the next thing. Just because she doesn't see you as a threat doesn't mean she's gonna want to work with you. Eclipse is loyal to me first and foremost, there's nothing anyone can do about that so get over it. But in the case that something goes wrong on one of these missions you need to have some sort of an understanding with each other. Follow me," (Y/N) explained before leading them into the woods surrounding the area. 

They knew that they would be given one more day to get ready before they started planning missions out but it was still dark by the time (Y/N) led them back. The five newbies looked beat whereas (Y/N) looked like a five-year-old that had just had a shopping spree in a candy shop. 

"What did you do to them?" Owen laughed.

"We only get two days to get them into shape for this shit show," (Y/N) stated simply.

The next day (Y/N) pulled Colt off the side while the others were figuring out how to use everyone's specialties in the best interest of the team.

"As far as I'm concerned, you have one of the most important jobs on this team. If something happens to Eclipse she needs to be your first priority. After yesterday, you should have a pretty good feel for how she looks, moves, and acts when she's healthy. If you notice something is off, even if you're not sure, tell me, take care of her," (Y/N) instructed. 

"I- Yes ma'am. Can I ask a question?" Colt stumbled slightly over his words.

"Of course," (Y/N) replied in a more gentle tone.

"What will Eclipse do if something happens to you?" Colt asked.

"Don't worry, as long as none of you hurt me in the process she won't go after you. Just like she's my first priority, I'm hers. She'll either protect or go for help if it comes down to it. Trust me, if there's something wrong she's pretty good at getting the point across," (Y/N) answered.

Colt simply nodded and followed her back to the rest of their team. They spent the rest of the day running through the most common scenarios they believed they'd run into on their missions.  The next day each team was called into the main building again to be given the location and details of their first individual missions. Most of the teams and even some of her own teammates didn't seem very confident at this point.

"Don't worry, we're ready for whatever comes at us," (Y/N) whispered half to herself, half to her teammates.