You Didn't Mean To Hurt Me

“What?” A female voice asked on the other end of the line.
    “Your daughter doesn’t even want to come by you anymore!” Owen scolded.
    “She told you?” (Y/N)’s mother asked.
    “Yes, she did, how could you ignore your daughter, you barely get to see her?” Owen asked.
    “She’ll be fine, you may be overreacting a bit.”
“Overreacting? I just spent an hour sitting on the floor with her while she cried.”
“She’ll get over it, she’s just at that age. Taking her to live on an island full of dinosaurs when we got divorced maybe wasn’t the best thing for her.”
“You could hardly even take care of her when I was there, plus she wanted to go with me.”
“Whatever, it doesn’t matter I have her for Christmas,” (Y/N)’s mother said, she was already so done with this conversation.
“Not anymore.”
“Owen, you can’t just keep her, we have a legal agreement.”
“Which states that as the main guardian, I can make temporary changes if I think that’s what best.”
“Okay, fine, whatever, I have to go,” She said before quickly hanging up.
“I can’t believe I ever married her,” Owen said, taken back a bit by her lack of care.
He stayed outside until it was dark, he just needed a break from the drama. But eventually, he went back inside, checked on (YN), then went to bed.  The next morning (Y/N) refused to let him leave the house without her.
“Okay, fine, you can come along. If you can be ready in 5 minutes,” Owen finally caved with a slight laugh.
“I can do that!” (Y/N) replied happily.
Then she practically ran to get changed, which was kinda funny to watch with her limp.
“Let’s go!” Owen called 5 minutes later.
“I’m coming!” (Y/N) said, practically putting her shoes on as she went down the stairs.
“I don’t think you’ve ever gotten dressed that fast,” Owen joked.
She just laughed, less than 10 minutes later they arrived at the Raptor area. They made their way to Eclipse’s area.
“If she even starts to act like she’s gonna do something get out of there, okay?” Owen basically ordered.
“I’ll be careful, with just me and the cameraman there she shouldn’t have anything to freak out about,” (Y//N) reassured, she knew he was worried about her.
After that Owen went to go deal with his Raptors and (Y/N) went in my Eclipse and got ready to go in by her. The camera guy, who was still as helpful as ever, began to record as (Y/N) entered the enclosed area.
“Hey girl, you miss me?” (Y/N) gently coaxed when Eclipse popped her head up from behind one of her various objects.
Eclipse was very cautious as she began to walk slowly up to (Y/N), she stayed low to the ground. (Y/N) put a treat down on the ground near her to draw Eclipse closer. She snatched it up quickly then eyes (Y/N) cautiously.
“It’s okay. I know you didn’t mean to hurt me,” (Y/N) gently coaxed.
Suddenly Eclipse perked up, seemingly happy to be forgiven. (Y/N) stayed in there for a little over an hour before her leg started to bother her and she went back outside. She sat down on the ground for a few minutes before Owen found her.
“Ready to go home?” Owen asked, smiling down at her.
“Yeah,” (Y/N) said, putting her hand up for him to help her.
He pulled her back onto her feet and they started home. Eclipse was no longer going to be put down, overall it was a pretty good day.

A/N: Feel free to leave any suggestions you have!