Think Fast

“Come on (Y/N), just listen to reason,” Owen said; they had been going back and forth for about 5 minutes now.

    “I’m not just going to leave them here with some crazy, out-of-control scientists,” (Y/N) argued.

“What are you gonna do when you find them? Where are you gonna go with ‘em? Let them out in the wild?” Owen asked.

Now she stopped to think; she hadn’t exactly figured that part out yet.

“I’m working on that,” (Y/N) replied.

“We have to go before one of another million things goes wrong. We can go get help and then come back, but there’s not a lot the four of us can do,” Owen stated.

After struggling with internal turmoil for a while, she finally replied reluctantly, “Fine, but we are coming back.”

Owen nodded, but before anyone could make a move, there was a spine-chilling roar from behind them. Not long after, there were screams from many unfortunate people.

“The Indoraptor,” (Y/N) breathed with dread.

“How did it get out?” Claire whispered.

“Who knows. But either way, we have to go now more than ever,” Owen replied.

“No, we can’t. That things smart enough to follow us, we have to keep it here,” (Y/N) stated.

Owen seemed to think about it for a few moments before agreeing with her.

“We’ll be easier to catch if we’re together. Claire, take Maisie and find somewhere safe. We’ll split up and see what we can do to stop this thing,” Owen ordered.

“Do you really think we can stop it?” (Y/N) asked after Claire and Maisie had left.

“Find Eclipse; she’ll protect you. Let me worry about the Indoraptor,” Owen said.

“And leave you to deal with a killer dinosaur by yourself? No way,” (Y/N) replied.

“Must you always argue with me?” Owen asked.

“Yes, because if I didn’t, one or both of us would probably be dead,” (Y/N) said.

    “You’re such a little shit,” Owen laughed, “Come on.”

    “You have a plan?” (Y/N) questioned, following him out of the room.

    “Yeah, get as far away from that thing for now and come up with a plan,” Owen said.

    Before they got very far, they heard clawed footsteps quickly approaching. Owen pulled (Y/N) behind one of the numerous skeletons in the new room. The Indoraptor slowly paced around the room, cutting off any chance that they could get out. (Y/N) looked around for something that they could use as a distraction. Then she got an idea and started looking around the skeleton for a loose bone. Owen caught onto her plan as she wiggled a bone loose, but it made a slight popping sound when pulled away from the skeleton, and the Indoraptor turned its head towards them.

    “Plan B,” (Y/N) thought.

    She kept her eyes on the Indoraptor but threw the bone at the sheet of glass next to them, shattering the whole thing. They both knew that the Indoraptor knew they were there and made a run for the display the second the glass broke. They went through two other displays before getting caught up on the decorations. There was a few seconds of silence where they began to hope everything was okay, but the next glass shards were flying everywhere. . .