New Member

About 15 minutes after Mills and Wheatley left Claire, Owen, and (Y/N) seemed to have lost their spark. (Y/N) was sitting in the back corner of their cell, her knees pulled to her chest, arms on top of her knees, chin on her arms. Owen was sitting by the cage door and Claire was sitting on the bench.
    “Do you remember the first time you saw a dinosaur? The first time you see them, it’s like. . . A miracle. You read about them in books. See the bones in museums, but you don’t really believe it. They’re like myths. And then you see. . . The first one alive,” Claire said in a depressed tone.
    “This isn’t your fault,” Owen said.
    “But it is,” Claire replied.
    “No. This one’s on me. I showed ‘em the way. Well, listen, you and I are gonna have plenty of time to talk about this later,” Owen said.
    “If there is a later,” Claire said.
    “Yes, there is,” Owen said throwing a glance at (Y/N) who was oddly quiet once again.
    Before anything else could be said there was a grumpy snort from the cage next to them.
    “What was that?” Claire asked looking up at the bars in the wall.
    Owen got up off the floor and pulled himself up to the bars to see their newly awoken neighbor. When he whistled the dino rammed into the wall. Owen let go of the bars and dropped back down.
    “We’re getting out of here,” Owen said.
    Each time he whistled the dino rammed into the wall and eventually the bricks began to give in to the force. It didn’t take long for the dino to bust through the wall, it seemed a bit overwhelmed by what was going and it kept shifting its focus from Claire to (Y/N) who were both on their feet.
    “Hey!” Owen snapped clapping his hands trying to get the dino’s attention.
    Once he got its attention he started backing towards the door, whistled once more, and got out of the way. The lock on the door didn’t stand a chance against the force of the living battering ram.
    “You’re welcome,” Owen called after the creature.
    Claire and (Y/N) followed him out of the cell and while the adults were taking in their surroundings (Y/N) spotted someone. She elbowed Owen and Claire caught on but by that time the girl was already disappearing behind the corner.
    “Hey! Wait! Please! Please wait,” Claire chased after the girl.
    Owen and (Y/N) followed and found the girl in a cut-out in the wall.
    “That’s Lockwood’s granddaughter,” Claire quietly informed them.
    “Hey, kid. You wanna come down out of there?” Owen asked in a tone he had used when (Y/N) was young and scared.
    She shook her head.
    “Do you remember me?” Claire asked gently.
    She nodded.
    “My name’s Claire. What’s yours?” Claire asked.
    “Maisie. Maisie Lockwood,” Maisie answered.
    “Oh, Maisie. Well, these are my friends Owen and (Y/N),” Claire said.
    This time Maisie looked at Owen, “I saw you with the Velociraptors. Uh, Blue.”

     A/N: Okay, you all know how the rest of the part goes and I didn’t change anything past this point in this scene and it’s a lot to type out and not very interesting so I’m just gonna end this chapter here. Have a great day/night!