We're Not Done Yet

Owen, (Y/N), and Kayla had finally found Claire and Maisie, along with Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, and Ian Malcolm. 

"And you wondered why we didn't trust you?" (Y/N) said, coming up behind Maisie while the rest of the group was trying to get into the building or just talking.

Maisie turned around quickly to face her.

"Well, I-," Maisie started.

"Calm down, I'm just messin'," (Y/N) laughed. 

Before anyone could say anything else they heard heavy footsteps in the distance, definitely getting closer. 

(Y/N) and Maisie moved to rejoin the group but before they even made it a few steps.

"Don't move," Owen and Alan said in creepy unison.

"(Y/N)," Maisie whispered, fear evident in her voice.

"Stay behind me," (Y/N) whispered back, not taking her eyes off of the forest surrounding them.

Moments later the Giganotosaurus slowly emerged from the forest.

"What is that?" Ellie asked.

"Giganotosaurus. Biggest carnivore the world has ever seen," Alan answered.

"Bigger. Why do they always have to go bigger?" Ian rhetorically asked.

The carnivore let out a loud roar as the big group moved to hide behind the car. While the dinosaur was occupied with the others, (Y/N) took Maisie into the woods to try and sneak around to the ladder. When the others made a run for the ladder, they did, Maisie going first. While Maisie was going up the ladder the Giganotosaurus lunged for her, its jaws clamping around the bars protecting the ladder. 

"I'm gonna die!" Maisie cried.

"No, you're not! You're okay!" Kayla called from above her. 

The dinosaur ripped the cage off the bars, giving Maisie and the others enough time to get up the ladder. Ian was able to cause another distraction, giving them enough time to get the door open. The dino quickly recovered, coming back pissed, clamping its jaws down on the platform that wrapped around the building. Thankfully, everyone still managed to make it inside the building. 

"See? Not so bad?" Owen said as everyone finally let themselves breathe. 

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s eyes got bigger.

"You just had to jinx it didn't you," (Y/N) said gesturing to the window.

Owen turned around just in time to be facing the Giganotosaurus when it smashed its head through the glass, knocking Owen to the ground.

"Oh, come on!" Owen whined as the dino began thrashing around, biting at everything around it. 

Claire's foot got caught up in a wire that the dinosaur had gotten a hold of and pulled her towards the predator. (Y/N) was the closest to her and grabbed onto her, adding enough force in the opposite direction to keep Claire from being its next snack. Kayla fired a dart into the dino's nose and Maisie tossed a taser pole to (Y/N) who shoved it into the eye of the Giganotosaurus. The dinosaur roared in pain and stomped off into the forest, turning back at the last second and giving another small roar before vanishing into the forest. 

"Yeah, fuck you too," (Y/N) said, waving her hand at the dinosaur as she turned away.

After a few moments of silence and letting everyone catch their breath for real this time, (Y/N) stood next to Claire.

"I would just like to make it known that I still don't like you," (Y/N) said, looking straight forward.

Claire gave her the 'I'm so confused look.' (Y/N) walked away without saying another word. 

"Well, come on. We're not done yet," (Y/N) said, turning back to everyone, and walking backward. 

"I will never understand that child," Owen said, shaking his head with a smile after she walked away.

"I hate to break it to you, but she isn't a child anymore," Claire said as she walked past him.

Owen snapped his head up to look at her as she walked away, "Well that just hurt."