Gotta Be A Better Way

Four years snuck past them before they knew it. Claire was usually off saving dinosaurs her own way. (Y/N) was helping Owen get the dinosaurs somewhere safe. In fact, at this very moment, they were attempting to herd a group of Parasaurolophus. Suddenly two broke off from the group, one to the right, one to the left. (Y/N) looked to Owen with an annoyed eye roll.

"I'll get this one!" (Y/N) called over the dinosaurs, pulling her horse off to follow the one on the right.

She really did love this. There was only one thing that could beat this feeling of freedom. 

"Let's get this one back with her friends," (Y/N) said, mostly to herself, grabbing the lasso off the side of the saddle. 

 Getting the lasso around the dino's neck was the easy part, now they had to get it to stop, and when it came to a 3.5-ton dinosaur and a couple hundred-pound horse, there wasn't much of a fight. The rope got pulled from her hands with enough force to take her out of the saddle. Her horse took off in the other direction.

"Shit," (Y/N) said, in a pissed tone.

About 30 seconds later she heard a sort of chirping sound that sounded a lot like laughing from behind. She turned around with her hands on her hips to see Eclipse "laughing" at her. 

"Yeah, yeah, alright very funny. Are you just gonna stand there and laugh at me or actually help me?" (Y/N) asked.

Eclipse gave a short, annoyed roar.

"Sometimes I wonder if they made you part puppy dog because you certainly aren't a normal dinosaur," (Y/N) said.

Eclipse hissed at her and then took off after the loose dino. 

"Yeah, sure. I'll just walk back all by my lonesome," (Y/N) said.

Normally, Eclipse and her would work together to get a loose dino back to the group, but without a horse, she wouldn't be able to keep up with the Raptor. (Y/N) always made sure to feed her plenty so she didn't try to eat any of the dinos they were trying to help. It almost always worked, things got a little out of hand every now and then, but dinosaurs are still dinosaurs. 

By the time she walked all the way back, Owen was holding her horse by the reigns, already laughing at her. 

"Shut up," (Y/N) mumbled.

She walked past him and grabbed her phone. She quickly scrolled through her contacts before finding the one she was looking for. It rang for a few seconds before someone answered. 

"Whatcha got for us this time (Y/N)?" A female voice asked from the other side of the line.

"A group of Parasaurolophus," (Y/N) answered, giving them the coordinates.

"They all seem healthy, all adults, no eggs," (Y/N) informed them.

"And?" The voice prompted.

"I told you when I agreed to work with you guys. When we get all the dinos in the sanctuary I'll consider letting you lock Eclipse up in there," (Y/N) said.

"We're not locking them up," The voice tried to reason.

"You're crowding the entire dinosaur population all into one valley and making sure the flying ones can't go above a certain height and the rest are trapped by mountains and eventually they're all gonna run out of space and you're gonna send some people in with a gun to "make space" come get these dinosaurs before I change my mind about helping you, you really don't want me working against you," (Y/N) said in her bitchy, not really trying to pretend to be nice voice. 

She hung up and turned to Owen.

"Well, I'm sure they love you," Owen joked.

"I get that they're trying to help but there's gotta be a better long-term solution. Let's go home," (Y/N) said.

She started walking in the direction of the vehicle. Before she got too far Owen elbowed her.

"Hey! What?" (Y/N) asked.

Owen just pointed back toward the people who had been helping them. Eclipse was growling at them, they looked scared shitless. (Y/N) gave a sharp whistle.

"Eclipse! Stop scaring people," (Y/N) ordered, although she didn't sound like she cared all that much.

Eclipse hissed at the men one more time before she took off past (Y/N) and Owen. 

"You know eventually they'll come for her," Owen said.

"I know, but they'll need me to get to her. They won't get very far," (Y/N) said in a determined tone.