New Possibilities, New Dangers

Soon they found themselves being untied and shoved in a cage near all the dinosaurs in the basement.
    “Go get Mills,” Wheatley ordered one of his men simply.
    No one said anything in the time they stood there waiting, it was an awkward amount of time spent most staring each other down. Soon Eli Mills made his appearance, he spoke to Claire first.
    “Hi, Claire. I just wanted to apologize. I didn’t want to bring you into any of this but it was the only way we could get the Raptors. We needed them.”
    “So what? This is it? I mean, you’re a smart guy. You could’ve started a foundation. Cured cancer. But instead, you. . . What? Sell endangered species?” Owen questioned.
    “I saved these animals,” Mills countered.
    “You call this saving them?” (Y/N) started, “Look at them! Do they look happy? Do they look like they’ve been saved? No. They’re crammed in cells being sold like collectible cards.”
    “Better than burning up on an island,” Mills muttered.
    “You betrayed a dying man for money,” Claire said, stopping the growing argument before someone got hurt.
    “Claire, I admire your idealism, but we both exploited these animals. At least I have the integrity to admit it,” Mills corrected.
    “I never, ever did anything remotely illegal,” Claire defended.
    “You authorized the creation of the Indominous Rex,” Mills raised his voice, then regained himself and continued, “You exploited a living thing in a cage for money. How is that different?”
    After a couple of seconds, he turned to Owen, who still had that pissed look on his face that he had had for most of the day.
    “And you. The man who proved Raptors can follow orders. You never thought about the applications of your research, Owen? How many millions a trained predator might be worth? You two, you’re the parents of the new world,” Mills explained.
    Finally, he turned back to (Y/N).
    “But you, you opened a whole new door. Now, not only do we know that Raptors can follow orders but they can also feel human emotion and sympathy, they have the capability to make bonds that we see in few other creatures in the world. Not only has your Raptor expressed human emotion and connection but has also gone out of her way to protect you. We can single those traits out and destroy them or make them stronger, making an even more determined and protective weapon,” Mills explained.
    He didn’t realize how close they had both gotten to the bars until (Y/N) grabbed his arm through them and pulled him into the metal. Owen couldn’t help but chuckle a little, Mills backed up, his glasses were broken, and there was a small trail of blood coming from his nose.
    “Say, how are we gonna end this?” Wheatley asked.
     “As far as anyone is concerned, they burned up on the island,” Mills replied before walking away.

      A/N: Sorry for not updating in a long time, since school started I haven’t had time because I don’t have a Study Hall this year so I will try to update as much as I can but please understand if I can’t. Have a great day/night!