Almost Done With The Crazy

(Y/N) and Owen froze for a few seconds at the sight of the dinosaur that was supposed to be dead. (Y/N)’s gun was out of bullets, and Owen had never gotten his back after being tranquilized on the island. (Y/N) glanced around frantically, she didn’t have many options, and it would only take the Indoraptor seconds to close the distance and kill them both. Then she spotted something that probably had an even lower chance of working than the knife idea had. There was a bunch of stuff that had been left out from moving the dinosaurs, and one thing hidden in the mess was a wooden board.

    “If the knife is in far enough to stay put, and if I can get to the board before it kills me, and if I can hit it just right, and if there’s enough force. Good God, this is a terrible idea. This could be the single worst plan I have ever thought of, and I’ve had a lot of stupid plans. I don’t see many other options, though. And if nothing else, I can buy Dad some time,” (Y/N) thought to herself.

    She took a few steps forward.

    “You should go,” (Y/N) told Owen without turning to look at him.

    “What?” Owen asked in a surprised voice.

    “You heard me,” (Y/N) said, keeping her eyes trained on the Indoraptor.

    “(Y/N),” Owen said in a cautioned voice.

    “I’m done running from this thing,” (Y/N) said.

    She broke into a run, followed seconds later by the Indoraptor. The Indoraptor was closer to the scrap pile than (Y/N) was, yet she still got there first. But, the Indoraptor swung its tail and tripped her forward. The Indoraptor dropped down onto all fours and (Y/N) managed to roll over just in time to avoid getting bitten. The Indoraptor took a desperate and quick step forward. In a panicked fear (Y/N) kicked the creature in the nose, exactly what she had done to stop Eclipe’s attack on her a few years ago, only she kicked way harder this time.

    The Indoraptor stumbled a few small steps back, giving (Y/N) just enough time to grab the board and get to her feet. The Indoraptor turned to face her again, starting to take quick steps forward. In a split second, (Y/N) made the desperate move and hit the hybrid with the board, making contact with the handle of the knife. The board cracked and fell awkwardly over itself. At the same time, there was a sickening crack from the head of the Indoraptor; there was just enough force for the knife to crack the hole in the skull for the eye enough for the blade to hit the brain. The Indoraptor fell limp to the ground, and after a few short moments (Y/N) dropped the board. She reached down a yanked her knife out of the creature's eye.

    “That was dramatic,” Owen said.

    “Well, it worked. I have no idea how, but it did,” (Y/N) replied.

    “You don’t listen very well, do you?” (Y/N) continued.

    “You knew I wasn’t leaving,” Owen replied.

    “I know,” (Y/N) said simply.

    It took a few minutes to find a car with the keys still inside.

    “I kinda feel bad stealing someone’s car,” (Y/N) said after closing the door.

    “They’re probably dead if that makes you feel better,” Owen told her.

    “Actually, I really don’t care; they came here to buy dinosaurs, they knew what they were in for, they deserve to have their car stolen,” (Y/N) said.

    Just as the town was starting to come into view (Y/N) glanced over at Owen, who was unnaturally quiet, only to see him out cold.

    “Of course,” (Y/N) whispered to herself, pushing the gas pedal down just a little more.