No Way This Ends Well

They weren't walking through the woods long before they heard Raptor screams and shrieks. Owen took off in the direction of the sound, (Y/N) following a second behind him. Finally coming to a stop, the two see a truck drive away just in time for Owen to make eye contact with one of the poachers. The poacher raised his gun and fire multiple bullets at Owen and (Y/N).  Most of the bullets hit trees before reaching their targets and they dodged the rest of them. 

"You okay?" Owen asked after a few seconds and in a slightly panicked voice.

"Mhm," (Y/N) mumbled.

"That's not very convincing," Owen said, walking over to her.

One of the bullets had hit a tree (Y/N) had been close to and sent chunks of wood flying, one of those lodging itself in her upper arm, on the side of her shoulder.

"Go. See where they're going, I'll catch up," (Y/N) told him.

"You sure?" Owen questioned.

"Yes, now go," (Y/N) ordered.

It looked worse than it was, she knew that it hadn't gone very deep, just enough to be annoying. She pulled it out and tore a piece of her shirt off and tied it around the new wound. 

"Another day, another injury. Never really liked this shirt anyway," (Y/N) thought to herself.

She hadn't made it far in the direction Owen had gone before she met up with him.

"What's wrong?" (Y/N) questioned, seeing the worry evident on his face.

"They got Maisie," Owen said quickly.

"What?" (Y/N) asked, not really able to comprehend what he said.  

"They cut her off at the bridge. I think they took Eclipse too," Owen answered.

(Y/N) froze, she had told Eclipse to stay with Maisie and now she was in the hands of poachers. She didn't say anything, she just turned and ran. 

When Maisie had taken off on her bike Eclipse had followed the orders she'd been given and stayed with her. She made sure to keep her distance but stayed close enough to be able to help if something went wrong. 

"I know you're following me, leave me alone you stupid dinosaur," Maisie called back, clearly annoyed. 

Eclipse kept following her and when they made it to the bridge she was the first to realize something was wrong. She spotted the woman before they reached the bridge and let out a soft roar, hoping to get Maisie to stop. Maisie ignored her and kept biking until she noticed the woman on her own. Eclipse turned around at the sound of a truck coming up behind them, blocking the other end of the bridge. 

"Who are you?" Maisie asked. 

The poacher got out of his truck and took a step toward the pair, at the same time Eclipse took a step towards him and snarled. Just then Beta let out another distressed call, temporarily pulling Eclipse's attention. In the second of distraction, the poacher pulled out another gun and fired a tranquilizer dart, hitting Eclipse in the neck. Eclipse roared and ran her neck into the floor of the bridge, knocking the dart out of her neck. She jumped at the poacher, knocking him back into the hood of the truck and he fired another dart into her underbelly. She roared again and stumbled back, bared her teeth and growled at him, then to another step toward him again before falling to the ground, unconscious. Maisie had tried to escape past the woman at the other end of the bridge but had only gotten herself captured as well.